Hairspiration: 10 Celebs Who Went from Blonde to Brunette
When the weather starts to change and leaves begin to fall, everyone starts itching for a new ‘do. Whether it’s testing out a new color trend, chopping your locks or just trying a new style, we’re all in need of something to spice things up a bit. If you’re looking to swap out your blonde tresses for something a little darker, check out these 10 celebs who decided blondes don’t have more fun, and went to the darker, sultry side.
1. Emma Stone: This A-lister is one that can rock pretty much any hair color and totally own it. While we adore her blonde locks (and pink lips), the chocolate tone suits her well. (Images via Total Beauty + The Hairstyler)
2. Jessica Biel: Yep, JT’s better half used to have light hair. We’re happy she swapped out her dirty blonde look for something a little darker, while managing to keep her staple tousled style. (Images via The Hairstyler + Her Interest)
3. Rachel McAdams: Back in her Mean Girls days, this beauty was blonde. Since she’s grown out of that role, she has also opted for a darker ‘do. Plus, we’re really digging her stunning, curled lob. (Images via Posh24 + Her Interest)
4. Reese Witherspoon: Back in 2013, Reese Witherspoon went from legally blonde to legally brunette. Since then, she’s gone back to the light side, but still, it was worth the pun. (Images via BeautyRiot + Sofeminine)
5. Victoria Beckham: While we love a good short ‘do, we can’t stop staring at Victoria Beckham’s long brown hair. Curl the ends of your hair under with a large barrel curling iron to get Beckham’s look. (Images via Belle Dress Hire + InStyle)
6. Dakota Fanning: Since when did Dakota Fanning grow up so fast? Her decision to ditch the light locks and choose a chocolate tone made her go from young Hollywood to mature A-list celeb real quick. (Images via Teen Vogue + Zimbio)
7. Hilary Duff: We’ve watched Hilary Duff’s style transform throughout the years, and we have to say that her brunette look was an all-time high. Between the updo and the color, she’s got it goin’ on. (Images via Alexsis Mae + Beauty Editor)
9. Shailene Woodley: This Fault In Our Stars star not only made the daring chop that we can’t stop talking about, but she also ditched the golden locks and went for a darker hue. It’s safe to say we’re obsessed with the outcome. (Images via Styleist + Beauty High)
10. Sarah Jessica Parker: We know SJP as a blonde bombshell from her days on Sex and the City, but she’s since then she’s swapped out her ombre look for something a little more sophisticated. The signature curls and center part are here to stay though, and we’re totally fine with it. (Images via Popsugar + She Knows)
Would you switch your blonde locks to brunette? Let us know in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)