The Best Fast Food Chicken Sandwiches to Try on National Fast Food Day
There are few things better than biting into a tender fried chicken sandwich. FEW. And today, November 16, is the perfect time to do just that, because it’s National Fast Food Day. Burgers and fries tend to hog all the fast food attention, but chicken sandwiches are — dare we say it? — even better. Lots of drive-thru and fast casual spots serve their own crispy version of this American classic, and there’s no better way to celebrate a drool-inducing holiday like National Fast Food Day than with a full-on taste test. To get you started, we’ve compiled a list of six fried chicken sandwiches that deserve a celebratory bite (or 10).
1. McDonald’s McChicken: Perhaps you’re partial to the chain’s hamburger offerings, but do yourself a favor and try the also iconic McChicken sandwich, with its crispy chicken, lettuce, and mayo sandwiched between a toasted bun. Yum.
2. Burger King Original Chicken Sandwich: BK’s Original Chicken Sandwich has a recognizable shape that sets it apart from its competition. It’s rectangular — not round — and looks more like a hero than a fast food chicken sandwich. But don’t let that deter you, because it is rectangular *heaven* with lettuce and mayo on top.
3. Wendy’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich: Want a little kick in your fried chicken sandwich? Opt for this delicious pick from Wendy’s. With mayo, lettuce, and tomato, it’s a zesty take on a beloved classic.
4. Shake Shack Chick’n Shack: First introduced in January 2016, Shake Shack’s Chick’n Shack has already managed to garner quite the fan base. Made with cage-free chicken breast and topped with lettuce, pickles, and a buttermilk herb mayo, the Chick’n Shack is slightly more elevated than your standard drive-thru meal. One bite and you’ll see what all the fanfare is about.
5. Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich: Considering Chick-fil-A is a restaurant dedicated to serving chicken, it’s no surprise that their chicken sandwich is one of the best. Prepare your tastebuds for a perfectly sized chicken cutlet and pickles nestled between two buttered buns. No lettuce or mayo required. DROOL.
6. Carl’s Jr. Bacon Swiss Crispy Chicken Fillet Sandwich: If it’s a mega fried chicken sandwich you seek, Carl’s Jr. has it. Their bacon- and Swiss cheese-topped chicken sandwich is loaded with extra flavor and all the fixin’s, including lettuce, tomato, and ranch dressing. Translation: Next. Level.
Which fried chicken sandwich will you try first? Tweet us @BritandCo to let us know!