Introducing the CITNB (Cranberry is the New Black) Cocktail
What could be more chic than a black cocktail at a black and white party? We certainly can’t think of anything! This drink is basically an upgraded vodka cranberry, but it’s sure to satisfy even your most sophisticated guest. Let’s stir it up!
There are two ways to get your drink to look really black. First, use black vodka. We’d recommend Blavod, which you can order here, if your local liquor store doesn’t carry it. Or use black food coloring, which is more cost effective if you already have vodka.
– sparkling cranberry juice
1. Fill a rocks glass 2/3 full with ice.
2. Add one large measure of vodka to the glass. If using clear vodka, add one drop black food coloring.
3. Add one small measure creme de cassis, which is a black currant liqueur.
4. Top with sparkling cranberry juice, and stir.
Start by adding the vodka and food coloring to your ice-filled glass.
Next add the creme de cassis and sparkling cranberry juice. If you don’t have sparkling cranberry juice, you can use a mix of plain cranberry juice and seltzer.
Add a washi drink stirrer with either a black and white or metallic pattern for good measure.
We clearly did!
Have you ever made a black cocktail? Tell us what you used in the comments!