8 Style Trends Spotted at Coachella That Are Going to Be Everywhere This Summer
It’s day three of Coachella and Brit + Co is right at the heart of the festival. Yesterday, we spotlighted some Coachella DIYers. Today, it’s all about trends, baby. It’s already becoming increasingly clear that there are some hot summer fashion picking up momentum here. No surprise considering what a style mecca Coachella is. We’re rounding up our top picks for looks that are about to explode this summer. Take a peek and maybe try a style or two out yourself!
1. Off-the-shoulder-tops: Off-the-shoulder tops totally help you channel your inner flower child. This look was absolutely everywhere at Coachella 2016, and it’s not hard to see why — it’s skin-baring without being too revealing. Plus, no shoulder strap tan lines.
2. Two pieces: Made popular by Taylor Swift (who is here at Coachella to support her bf and Sunday night headliner Calvin Harris FYI), two pieces are pretty much here to stay. This stylish attendee rocked this gorg white striped outfit that transitions easily from the office to the bar.
3. Half-up topknots: Hands down, THIS is the hairstyle of Coachella 2016 and possibly of the entire year. Mark our words. In case you want to really step up your topknot game, try adding in some braids as this trendy festivalgoer did here. Muss it up for some extra coolness.
4. Choker necklaces: The ’90s are back, y’all. Choker necklaces are so DIYable and so hot right now. Make your own with a leather cord and add charms to customize your look. This lady isn’t rocking just one but TWO trends on our list (told you off-the-shoulder tops are in).
5. Braids, braids and more braids: Yes, we know. It’s not news braids are über popular — and aside from a wealth of cornrows, milkmaid, fishtails and boxer braids spotted all over the festival — this girl decided to do glitter roots as well. We dig!
6. Body suits: Body suits are perfect for pairing with flowy skirt, high-waisted pants and denim cutoffs this summer. You don’t have to wear it alone as this bold Coachella goer did, but hey, the world is your oyster!
7. Crochet everything: Crochet bralettes, shorts, bikinis and kimonos are making a big appearance at this year’s event. And the best part is you can DIY it! In fact, we have an awesome online crochet course that will have to creating your fave summer outfit in no time.
8. Cowboy boots: It’s the wild, wild west when it comes to footwear because cowboy boots are super on-trend right now. These white hot cowboy boots are an awesome choice if traditional brown or black isn’t really your speed. Yep, these boots were made for making a statement.
Are there any trends you’re excited to try? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Photos via Brittany Griffin/Brit + Co)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)