13 Cocktail-Inspired Desserts to Give Summer a Boozy Send Off
If there’s anything better than drinking a cocktail, it’s eating a dessert that’s inspired by a cocktail. Whether it’s a margarita-flavored cheesecake or creamy mojito ice cream, when you infuse sweets with alcohol, something magical happens. Grab your apron and scroll down for 13 cocktail-inspired dessert recipes to toast the end of summer with.
2. Aperol Spritz Cheesecake: The Aperol spritz has taken over as the cocktail of summer, so it definitely deserves its own dessert to honor it. What better choice than an indulgent cheesecake with boozy, gelatinous topping? (via Sainsbury’s Magazine)
4. Cucumber Gin and Tonic Sorbet: The refreshing mouthfeel of a gin and tonic makes it the perfect pairing for this cucumber sorbet. When you serve it, top with a lime slice and an extra splash of tonic water and gin. (via Bourbon and Honey)
6. Mimosa Macarons: Just when you think your favorite brunch sip couldn’t get any better, you discover mimosa macarons. This delicate French cookie is flavored with orange and has a slight effervescence to the filling. (via Baking a Moment)
7. Manhattan Cocktail Truffles: Any Manhattan connoisseur knows that the maraschino cherries are a vital component of the cocktail. These boozy truffles of the same name consist of rye, sweet vermouth, and Angostura bitters-soaked cherries. (via Freutcake)
8. No-Churn Mojito Ice Cream: No machinery is needed for this lush ice cream. White rum, tons of mint, lime, double cream, and sweetened condensed milk make the treat come together. (via Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen)
10. No-Bake Strawberry Daiquiri Cheesecake: Strawberry daiquiris are pretty and all, but they don’t hold a candle to this no-bake cheesecake. Top the finished hot pink dessert with rosettes of whipped cream and plenty of strawberries and limes. (via Inside BruCrew Life)
11. Piña Colada Cake: There’s nothing like a hot day at the beach with an icy piña colada in hand. Give your next baking day the same flavor with this multi-layered coconut and rum cake with pineapple filling. (via Liv for Cake)
12. Tequila Sunrise Cupcakes: You know that drink that made you lose about two days of spring break 2006? These cupcakes are inspired by it, down to the orange and grenadine frosting. (via The Cake Blog)
13. Whiskey Sour Cupcakes: One bite of this spiked sweet, and you’ll know right away that it’s mimicked after the whiskey sour. You can use fresh lemon juice in this recipe, or use up that sour mix you’ve been hoarding. (via Beth Cakes)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cocktail and dessert recipes!