Get a Little Knot-ty With 13 Knitting Projects to Give You Real Street Thread
Whether you’re dealing with a wintry mix in your weekend or not, it’s time for a self-declared snow day. You got some knitting, crocheting and general needle-and-threading to do, girl.
1. High-Waisted Knit Shorts: If you didn’t think that words like “high-waisted,” “knitting” and “booty shorts” belong at the same party, you need to change your worldview, my friend. (via Barbro Andersen)
2. Knotted in Love Par-DIY: All of these beautiful knitting projects were rolled up into one sunny bridal shower but we might steal the color palette and ideas for all of our next celebrations. (via A Subtle Revelry)
5. Edgy Blankets: If the idea of knitting an entire blanket simultaneously warms you up and terrifies you, this tutorial is for you! Use it to update an old blanket or transform a cozy, flannel fabric of your choice. (via The Purl Bee)
8. CD Weaving Tutorial: Here’s a fun project to upcycle those old CDs or DVDs into wall art if you and the kids are stuck inside because of a polar vortex. And feel free to substitute “roommates” in for “kids” if that’s more applicable. (via Make It… a Wonderful Life)
10. Knit Scrap Wrapping: It’s a rainbow-colored wrap thanks to pretty scraps from old knitting projects tied around simple brown boxes, but you could use any color combo you have lying around. (via Kate Spade)
Have a cool knitting project you think we should sink our needles into? Hook* us up below! (*That was a crochet joke, ICYMI…)
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!