Get a Little Knot-ty With 13 Knitting Projects to Give You Real Street Thread
Whether you’re dealing with a wintry mix in your weekend or not, it’s time for a self-declared snow day. You got some knitting, crocheting and general needle-and-threading to do, girl.
1. High-Waisted Knit Shorts: If you didn’t think that words like “high-waisted,” “knitting” and “booty shorts” belong at the same party, you need to change your worldview, my friend. (via Barbro Andersen)
2. Knotted in Love Par-DIY: All of these beautiful knitting projects were rolled up into one sunny bridal shower but we might steal the color palette and ideas for all of our next celebrations. (via A Subtle Revelry)
5. Edgy Blankets: If the idea of knitting an entire blanket simultaneously warms you up and terrifies you, this tutorial is for you! Use it to update an old blanket or transform a cozy, flannel fabric of your choice. (via The Purl Bee)
8. CD Weaving Tutorial: Here’s a fun project to upcycle those old CDs or DVDs into wall art if you and the kids are stuck inside because of a polar vortex. And feel free to substitute “roommates” in for “kids” if that’s more applicable. (via Make It… a Wonderful Life)
10. Knit Scrap Wrapping: It’s a rainbow-colored wrap thanks to pretty scraps from old knitting projects tied around simple brown boxes, but you could use any color combo you have lying around. (via Kate Spade)
Have a cool knitting project you think we should sink our needles into? Hook* us up below! (*That was a crochet joke, ICYMI…)