Made Us Look: 20 of The Coolest Resumés Out There
Resume, curriculum vitae, bio or self-promotion: No matter what you call it, it’s the first step toward landing your dream job… or a series of rejections. In today’s job market, a concise one-pager in MS Word isn’t always enough to stand out from the crowd. The tough part is figuring out how to go creative without driving your resume over a cliff. We’ve got 20 creative resumes from applicants who totally nailed the job search by flaunting their uniquenessand their professional skills.
6. Interactive Webpage: Who needs more dry material? Get the attention you deserve with a fun, interactive webpage. This guy modeled his after Super Mario World. As you “progress,” you’ll level up, getting more details of the candidate’s life and experience. (via TNW)
8. Google Analytics: This interactive resume is built as a website that cleverly mimics Google Analytics. We can’t think of a better way to demonstrate your understanding of online marketing, graphic design abilities and HTML skills. (via Simone Fortunini)
12. QR Code: Put your best tech face forward with this quirky QR Code-enhanced resume. Consider setting up your QR Code to link to your LinkedIn profile, a YouTube video showing your latest project or an audio version of your cover letter. (via Behance)
13. Booklet: Inspired by a simple IKEA ad, this self-contained booklet nails it in the creative resume department. The booklet includes the architect’s cover letter, imagery of his work, his philosophy of work and his contact info, including a selfie and a detailed, traditional resume. (via Modative)
20. Hand-Lettered Envelope: If you want to grab a potential employer’s attention, get it right from the start by sending your curriculum vitae in a beautiful, hand-lettered manila envelope that is bound to make a lasting first impression. (via Good)
Spill your secrets on how you landed your dream job. Give us your best resume ideas in the comments below.