8 Cozy-Chic Ways to #StyleTheBump, Straight from Instagram
The temptation to throw on a maxi dress (unbelted) and go out in sweats (the same from your beauty sleep) can be all too great on your average lazy day. Now double that urge when you’re pregnant. But don’t let it be so, not when there are a number of near effortless ways to switch up your bedroom-bound silhouette into an outfit worth Instagramming. As these eight moms-to-be show in their #stylethebump photos, cozy-chic is an easy look to come by with just a few wardrobe hacks, from beyond basic layering tricks to refining a t-shirt and flannel (spoiler alert: put on a hat. Really, it’s that simple). Scroll through for the straight-from-Instagram styling tips to make up your bump just like that.
1. @domnika.crainic: Step away from the hoodie. When you’re looking for a layer to help cut the onset chill, reach for a cape to turn whatever you’re currently wearing into something instantly enviable (though we have our eyes on those thigh-high boots, too).
2. @blamefashion: Those dinner-ready pieces don’t always have to be paired with pointy flats and strappy heels. Break out your sporty sneakers to put a casual and comfy twist on your perfect day-to-night look.
3. @stylofax: You start with a white tee (0). You add an easy-to-wear jersey skirt (+1). You toss on your boo’s flannel (-1). Now add a hat (+10). Just imagine the score if you had reached for a blazer instead!
4. @lovejookimt: Even though you’ve got a growing bump, don’t think about storing those crops, especially the sweatshirt varieties. The half-shirts might be the most underutilized sartorial secret weapon among moms-to-be. You can see why here: it breaks up this ‘grammer’s proportions in the most flattering way possible — try the look over a crisp button down or flowy blouse.
5. @mrs_style_junkie: It’s a cue straight from the Blake Lively maternity style book, and it translates onto real pregnant women like a dream — mixed prints, they’re a beautiful thing. We’re obsessed with the contrasting black and white graphics that punch up this cozy look. Don’t forget to add a beanie for an extra pop of color.
6. @couldihavethat: You’re most comfortable in your blue jeans, and your coffee run look is never complete without a ball cap. Add a touch of effortless cool to your All-American getup by tapping your reserve of French girl pieces or invest in one to commemorate this special moment, à la this maman polue.
7. @irinabond: When you feel most comfortable in your go-to maternity look (no matter how cozy), lean on your accessories to take your look to the next level — bonus points if you coordinate your hairdo. Take a cue from this Instagram mama and go for boho flair with a tasseled bag, heeled ankle booties and tight fishtail braids.
8. @francybodo: The hands down easiest way to restyle your favorite smock, go-to-sheath or that maxi dress? Layer it on top of a long sleeved shirt. Add delicate gold cuffs to either arm and — what did we tell you — you’re Insta-ready just like that.
Do you #stylethebump on Instagram? What’s your handle? What maternity style hacks do you swear by? Tell us in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.