Is it just us, or is the beauty world trying to give fast fashion a run for its money? From mermaid makeup brushes to strobing powders, it seems like there’s always room for new product launches hitting Sephora’s shelves. But as it turns out, one of our favorite trends — cushion makeup — is actually not quite as new as it is borrowed from the K-beauty world (of 14-step skincare fame). And we’re so glad it finally arrived in the states. These pillowy soft applicators don’t just feel good, they offer incredibly even coverage without caking. It’s basically like Facetune IRL.
1. Lancôme Miracle CC Cushion ($40): Forget sticks and bottles! Color correcting takes a new shape — a cushion, obvz — in this anything-but-heavy primer. Choose from peach, purple, yellow and green hues to even out your complexion before applying your favorite foundation.
2. Peripera Peri’s Cushion Lips ($14): With pigment this rich, you might expect to see a felt tip or a doe-foot applicator, but the secret to this long-lasting lip stain is the cushion. Dab a little for a subtle hint of color or more for an opaque finish.
3. MISSHA Dual Blending Cushion Shadow ($10): This cream-to-powder formula works wonders when it comes to blending. Simply twist the wand to dispense product and tap the cushion applicator onto your eyelids. Best of all, there’s no messy fallout to clean up.
4. SEPHORA COLLECTION I ❤ Cushion Bronzer ($7): We love adding bronzer to our look for a just-got-back-from-vacay vibe, but hate layering powders over a dewy foundation. This cushion-based bronzer is the perfect fix: It blends magically into liquid foundations, boosts glow and adds dimension.
5. stila Got Inked™ Cushion Eye Liner ($28): Looking for an eyeliner that won’t weigh your eyes down? Dip a brush into the cushion, which holds the lightweight yet long-lasting product, to create a thin line or even a dramatic cat eye.
6. First Aid Beauty Hello FAB 3 in 1 Superfruit Color Correcting Cushion ($36): This primer is made with a superfruit blend of dragon fruit, kiwi and blueberry extracts. (Sounds like an amazing smoothie, right?) All of those yummy ingredients help brighten and soothe skin from the start.
7. Banila Co VV Bouncing Cushion ($44): The collagen in this foundation not only delivers a dewy look, but it also makes skin feel incredibly supple after you take it off. That key ingredient plus raspberry seed oil and lemon peel oil help blur imperfections.
8. MISSHA Cushion Lip Crayon ($12): The cushion at the end of this dual-sided lippie is the perfect way to create a subtle ombre effect on your lips. Start by dabbing the pencil end in the center of your lips to concentrate the color and then use the cushion to draw outward for a soft-edged look.
9. Too Cool for School Dinoplatz Cushy Blusher ($23): K-Beauty fave Too Cool for School collaborated with artist Hatori Sando for the masterful packaging inspired by New York’s landmark buildings. But the formula is just as striking as the tube: The natural-looking blush adds a glowy wash of color.
For more beauty inspo, follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Soko Glam)