20 New Denim Styles We’re Digging
We revel in rules that are made to be broken, from mixed prints to short shorts. If you want to talk about the fashion holy grail, tackling the infamous denim on denim trend must be a part of the conversation. It’s time to rid your mind of the Canadian Tuxedo faux pas, and embrace the beauty that is layered denim washes. These 20 rockin’ style inspirations will get you started.
1. All Denim Jumper: So much for starting off slow! No need to ease into the trend, an adorable denim romper will take it full-force. A cut like this, as seen at Coachella, will give you legs for dayyys. (via Refinery29)
2. Side-Slit Striped Tunic ($50): Break up matching washes and denim accessories with a bold stripe. This loose fit works well with the casual denim feel.
3. Mix and Match Washes: The easiest way to test the waters with this trend is to pair denim in contrasting washes. The distressed blue top with dark wash jeans are a perfect match when paired with brown leather accents. (via Clio Goldbrenner)
7. Denim + Leather Baseball Cap: ($59): Don’t discount accessories when it comes to layering prints and materials. We are totally crushing on this leather and denim combo.
10. Denim Longline Biker Jacket ($46): White wash, tastefully done! Especially when paired with — you guessed it — more denim.
11. Paris Getaway Cutoffs ($46): If you’re hesitant about mixing denim washes, throw a print in the mix. Besides, Paris is always a good idea.
13. Contrast Denim Dress ($76): With built-in contrast panels, this dress does all of the denim work for you.
19. Denim Co-ord Jeggings in Daisy Print ($40): Worn together or as separates, these floral printed denim pieces are sure to get you a second glance.
20. Denim-inspo Nail Art: When you’re ready for the final touch, this denim mani should do just that. Faux studs and seams across OPI’s Dating a Royal make the perfect denim accessory. (via Fear No Beauty)
Are we missing a layer? Share your denim-on-denim pointers below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)