20 New Denim Styles We’re Digging
We revel in rules that are made to be broken, from mixed prints to short shorts. If you want to talk about the fashion holy grail, tackling the infamous denim on denim trend must be a part of the conversation. It’s time to rid your mind of the Canadian Tuxedo faux pas, and embrace the beauty that is layered denim washes. These 20 rockin’ style inspirations will get you started.
1. All Denim Jumper: So much for starting off slow! No need to ease into the trend, an adorable denim romper will take it full-force. A cut like this, as seen at Coachella, will give you legs for dayyys. (via Refinery29)
2. Side-Slit Striped Tunic ($50): Break up matching washes and denim accessories with a bold stripe. This loose fit works well with the casual denim feel.
3. Mix and Match Washes: The easiest way to test the waters with this trend is to pair denim in contrasting washes. The distressed blue top with dark wash jeans are a perfect match when paired with brown leather accents. (via Clio Goldbrenner)
7. Denim + Leather Baseball Cap: ($59): Don’t discount accessories when it comes to layering prints and materials. We are totally crushing on this leather and denim combo.
10. Denim Longline Biker Jacket ($46): White wash, tastefully done! Especially when paired with — you guessed it — more denim.
11. Paris Getaway Cutoffs ($46): If you’re hesitant about mixing denim washes, throw a print in the mix. Besides, Paris is always a good idea.
13. Contrast Denim Dress ($76): With built-in contrast panels, this dress does all of the denim work for you.
19. Denim Co-ord Jeggings in Daisy Print ($40): Worn together or as separates, these floral printed denim pieces are sure to get you a second glance.
20. Denim-inspo Nail Art: When you’re ready for the final touch, this denim mani should do just that. Faux studs and seams across OPI’s Dating a Royal make the perfect denim accessory. (via Fear No Beauty)
Are we missing a layer? Share your denim-on-denim pointers below.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.