Feeling irritable and out of sorts while you’re reading this? Don’t let a hangry state get the best of you during the work day. Instead, stash a few of these 14 homemade snacks in your desk drawer to nip it in the bud. Imagine: No more last-ditch visits to the community candy dish or scrounging through your pockets to get enough change for the vending machine. Sounds good, right? Featuring a slew of brain foods with the occasional indulgence, we’re definitely seeing a productivity boost in your future.
1. Fruit Leather: Make these honey-sweetened fruit snacks for yourself and any kiddos you might pack lunches for. It’s time to leave those roll-ups that we grew up with on the grocery store shelf where they belong. (via Brit + Co)
4. Brown Butter Maple Rum Party Mix: HR would probably have a problem with you stashing a flask in your drawer, but this rum-spiked mix can be our little (practically booze-free) secret. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
5. Cinnamon Maple Caramel Popcorn (Vegan): Sliced almonds add a nice crunch to this dairy-free caramel corn, but you don’t have to stop there. Stir in chocolate chips, dried fruit and whatever else your heart desires. (via Cookie and Kate)
8. Dehydrated Kiwi Chips: If your snack preferences skew to the sweet-sour side, these kiwi chips are for you. A handful of the crisp-chewy nibbles is a great way to satisfy candy cravings — no dehydrator required. (via Thriving on Paleo)
10. Whole Wheat Cheese Crackers: A cross between Goldfish crackers and Cheez Its, the whole wheat flour in these tasty biscuits will definitely go unnoticed. For a spicy twist, add a few pinches of garlic powder and cayenne to kick things up. (via Double Thyme)
12. Chocolate Nut Crunch Granola: You don’t have to feel badly about eating this chocolatey granola one bit. Whole grain oats, almonds and hazelnuts form a blend that totally hits the spot. (via Wife Mama Foodie)
What are some of you favorite snacks to nosh on during the work day? Share your tips and recipes with us below!