28 Dia de los Muertos Projects to DIY Now
Last year, we brought you 10 awesome must-makes to throw a memorable Dia de los Muertos fiesta. And this year, we’re back with 28 more DIY projects that will ensure this year’s celebration is even better than the last. We’ve compiled everything from party decor and style tips to food and drink recipes, and we even tossed in a party favor idea at the end. So start dreaming up those sugar skull designs and get ready to bring the color.
9. Fabric Chandelier: A celebration all about the lives of loved ones who have passed better be filled with all the color that encompasses all those personalities. We think this DIY gets the job done. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Floral Headband: If you’re in Mexico at the end of October or beginning of November, you’ll realize that marigolds are a Day of the Dead must. This floral headband is drop dead gorgeous. Do yourself a favor and DIY this one ASAP. (via Hair Romance)
15. Fringe Photo Backdrop: With all that paint on your face and that rad floral crown on your head, you’re going to want to get as many photo ops into the day as possible. There’s a backdrop for that. (via Brit + Co)
25. Sugar Skull Cake Pops: And because we will NEVER get sick of cake that we cake pop into our mouth without a fork (and without grossing everyone out), we will forever be thinking of new takes on cake pops. (via Brit + C0)
26. Day of the Dead White Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Want to go a slightly healthier route? You’ll need a steady hand to draw these mini sugar skull designs. But we believe in you! (via Growing Up Bilingual)
How are you celebrating Dia de los Muertos this year? Tell us about it in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)