28 Dia de los Muertos Projects to DIY Now
Last year, we brought you 10 awesome must-makes to throw a memorable Dia de los Muertos fiesta. And this year, we’re back with 28 more DIY projects that will ensure this year’s celebration is even better than the last. We’ve compiled everything from party decor and style tips to food and drink recipes, and we even tossed in a party favor idea at the end. So start dreaming up those sugar skull designs and get ready to bring the color.
9. Fabric Chandelier: A celebration all about the lives of loved ones who have passed better be filled with all the color that encompasses all those personalities. We think this DIY gets the job done. (via Brit + Co)
13. DIY Floral Headband: If you’re in Mexico at the end of October or beginning of November, you’ll realize that marigolds are a Day of the Dead must. This floral headband is drop dead gorgeous. Do yourself a favor and DIY this one ASAP. (via Hair Romance)
15. Fringe Photo Backdrop: With all that paint on your face and that rad floral crown on your head, you’re going to want to get as many photo ops into the day as possible. There’s a backdrop for that. (via Brit + Co)
25. Sugar Skull Cake Pops: And because we will NEVER get sick of cake that we cake pop into our mouth without a fork (and without grossing everyone out), we will forever be thinking of new takes on cake pops. (via Brit + C0)
26. Day of the Dead White Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Want to go a slightly healthier route? You’ll need a steady hand to draw these mini sugar skull designs. But we believe in you! (via Growing Up Bilingual)
How are you celebrating Dia de los Muertos this year? Tell us about it in the comments below.