20 Manicures Inspired by Dia de los Muertos
Extend your Halloween celebration a smidge longer this year by partaking in Dia de los Muertos. In place of jack-o’-lantern designs, ghastly ghouls and Frankenstein brides, pave the way for endless calaveras. (That’s sugar skulls, for the uninformed.) Here are 20 seriously stellar Dia de los Muertos-inspired manicures that would fit right in with any spirited festival or parade.
1. Roses Nail Art: While this mani is technically from a Cinco de Mayo celebration, we think the girly pink color palette, rose theme and sugar skull deserve to come out more than once a year. (via Pretty Squared)
2. Technicolor Candy Skulls: Who knew that sugar skulls could be so pretty?! Between the minimalist white base and technicolor eyes, this is one standout mani that shall not be limited to Dia de los Muertos. (via That’s Heart)
8. Sugar Skull Accent Nail: You know what they say: A pinch of sparkle goes a long way. Something tells us that this mani wouldn’t have nearly as much panache if it weren’t for the bejeweled embellishments. (via Miss Phibes)
18. Sugar Skull Cat: Candy skulls, a charming kitty and even a glittery accent nail — we don’t mean to point out the obvious, but these nails are definitely the most cat-tastic we’ve seen. (via Japanese-Doll)
20. Pretty Floral Design: For the bohemian bride-to-be with Spanish roots, take note. This mesmerizing calavera and marigold manicure is so pretty that you’ll want to get them in on the professional photographer action. (via Royal Milk Tea)
Which nail design will you be embracing for Dia de los Muertos? Leave a comment below or tweet us a picture!