Cool or Creepy? 15 Handmade Animal Masks for Halloween
Have you considered going handmade for Halloween? You have one night a year to escape into a look that’s a little… wild, so maybe you should look past the plastic store-bought stuff and treat yourself to something extra special. Trust us, these masks are truly handmade treasures, even if they’re going to give you nightmares.
1. African Painted Dog Mask ($82): We love the intricate detail in the lighter shapes. It makes this dog look like it’s straight out of a storybook.
2. Elephant Mask ($68): Elephant figurines are often treated as good luck charms, so hopefully a lot of luck will come from this adorable mask!
3. Deer Mask ($120): This is one fanciful fawn. We’d love to see this mask paired with a brown onepiece painted with deer markings. Although this faux fur coat does make the mask look pretty fierce.
4. Lion Mask ($68): The bright colors and teeth make this tiger super festive — and check out that texture! You could even amplify the mane with a DIY fuzzy hood or some serious curls.
5. Paper Mache Fox Mask ($128): The hand-painted quality and soft edges of this super sly fox will make you look like a gorgeous children’s illustration come to life. You could easily rock a Mr. and Mrs. Fox costume with this mask on your mug.
6. Fox Mask ($68): How absolutely adorable is this? A little more detailed than the paper mache fox above, this one is a bit more youthful. Try it out for you or your kiddos!
7. Hawk Mask ($72): Take on more of a tribal mystique as a follkloric hawk. With this on your head, you could deck out the rest of your body to look like a totem pole!
8. Knit Panda Mask ($45): If it’s cold where you live on Halloween, this is not only a cute choice but a practical one! If you don’t want to buy, you could probably DIY this one without too much grief.
10. Giraffe Mask ($85): Does this remind anyone else of The Lion King on Broadway? It’s an elegant mask repping an elegant creature.
11. Goat Mask ($138): OK, this goat is a little creepy, but it is Halloween right? You could go all the way and dress yourself in fur and hooves, or just stay monochromatic in grey or white and let the mask steal the show.
12. Black Leather Cat Mask ($60): And of course there’s the classic black cat. Whether you want to go cute and cuddly or more seductive a la Catwoman, this mask will get you halfway there.
13. Raven Mask ($59): Take flight with this intricate leather bird mask. You can wear this as a fierce, ornate addition to a formal dress for a masquerade ball.
14. Wolf Mask ($70): How great would this be worn along side a Red Riding Hood? Whether you go group or solo, this wolf makes a big statement.
15. Tiger Mask ($85): Here’s another more elegant take on a fanciful feline. Accentuate this tiger mask with fierce striped hair to complete the look.
Do you rock masks for Halloween? Tell us some of your favorites in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)