Batter Up! 42 Sweet Waffle Recipes to Make This Weekend
Remember the slogan “L’eggo my Eggo?” We’ve got many a reason to bring it back — except this time, there’s no toaster involved. Instead, we’re showing you how to make 42 homemade waffles that will make you never want to skip breakfast again. These Belgian bites resemble your favorite desserts (from cake to pie to ice cream), the best flavors of fall (pumpkin and apple, anyone?), and some are even healthy (think: gluten-free and veggie-packed). (Waffle) batter up!
3. Funfetti Waffles: From cupcakes to fudge and even popcorn and martinis, Funfetti makes everything — wait for it — more fun. That’s why we’re making our next batch of waffles with colorful sprinkles galore. (via Krissy’s Creations)
6. Ice Cream Waffle Tacos: News flash: tacos aren’t just for dinner. Another ice cream-waffle combo to add to your must-try list, these frozen waffle treats take the Choco Taco to a whole new — and homemade and flavorful — level. (via Dreyer’s)
11. Cider Pumpkin Waffles: So we just named apple cider an ultimate flavor of fall. Now for another declaration: These cider pumpkin treats are THE waffles of the season. They are drenched in toasted pecan butter, cider syrup and spiced apples. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. 30-Minute Triple Decker Fudgy Chocolate Waffle Pie: Let’s say that one more time: 30-minute triple decker fudgy chocolate waffle pie. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
13. Vanilla Bean Waffle Donuts: WO! Does anyone else want to play tic-tac-toe inside these sweet vanilla bean waffle donuts? Pro Tip: Use chocolate chips and berries in place of the X’s and O’s. (via Sweet Treats)
18. Orange Thyme Waffles: Are you ready for a savory flavor explosion? Combine the citrusy zing of orange with the soft spice of thyme, then serve with creamy mascarpone and fresh fruit. You won’t be sorry. (via Anthropologie Blog)
22. Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cake: Can candles be pushed inside a cooked waffle? Because we really want this to be our next birthday cake. Especially because we’ll also get a helping of vegetables. (via The Candid Appetite)
30. Sprinkled Waffle Donuts: Chocolate-covered waffle donuts with rainbow sprinkles bring us back to our childhood trips to the coffee shop with our parents. And they are the real deal. Seriously. (via Deliciously Yum)
32. Cinnamon Vanilla Dippers: Dip ’em in syrup. Dip ’em in coffee or tea. Dip ’em in a bowl of super soft ice cream. The possibilities are endless. (via The Domestic Rebel)
37. Pumpkin Spice Latte Waffles: You know what would be a genius idea? Eating these with an actual pumpkin spice latte. And then when the PSL goes out of season, you won’t have to wait a whole year to have it again: enjoy the flavor whenever you want in the form of a homemade waffle. (via Freut Cake)
39. Carrot Cake Waffles: Another genius cake alternative. And we firmly believe that because it has carrots, it’s healthy. (via Making Thyme for Health)
41. Cornmeal Honey Waffles: What’s sweeter than honey? Not much. Except maybe these honey waffles, which come with a side of whipped honey butter. (via My California Roots)
Mouths watering yet? Do you have a favorite waffle recipe? Tell us below!