Nothing can quite warm you up (and help you chill out after a busy day) like a nice glass of red wine. And on a similar note, busy days are the exact times you really want an easy, one-pot (or one-pan) recipe in your arsenal. So to save you the stress of coming up with a solution, we’ve compiled our favorite easy, one-pot recipes that pair PERFECTLY with red wine.
1. Italian Red Wine Roast Beef: You’ll probably notice that quite a few of the items on our list are beef-based, and there’s a good reason for that. Beef is an ideal accompaniment for red wine. Look for a good Shiraz, Malbec, or Cabernet Sauvignon to go with your delectable beef dishes. (via Barefeet in the Kitchen)
2. Italian One Pot Salmon and Orzo: You might associate fish with white wines, but salmon is one fish that can usually stand up to the heat of a red wine, especially when paired with a flavorful orzo pasta. Just try to make it a delicate red, such as Pinot Noir. (via Julie’s Eats and Treats)
3. Easy Beef Stroganoff: Beef stroganoff is a time-honored favorite. This recipe is made with onions, garlic, butter, pasta, mushrooms, beef broth, and cream cheese… in short, all the comfort foods you could possibly ask for. (via Life Made Sweeter)
5. Garlic and Herb Pork Roast: Don’t assume you can only pair pork with white vinos. Spring for a juicy Zinfandel or Grenache, and you’ll surely be doing this one-pot roast justice. (via Girl and the Kitchen)
7. Pot Roast With Potatoes and Carrots: Pot roasts are basically the *original* one-pot recipe. And as a bonus, they pair perfectly with almost all red wines, like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Syrah. (via Cooking Classy)
10. One Pot Red Wine Braised Beef Roast: This succulent roast features not only a juicy cut of meat, but also fragrant and flavorful carrots, onions, and garlic. Add a bottle of Cab and some ready-made mashed potatoes on the side for a ridiculously easy, stick-to-your-bones meal. (via So Damn Delish)
Follow us on Pinterest for more quick-and-easy dinner recipes!