Once the excitement of the new year wears off, the rest of winter tends to be full of gloom, getting snowed in and perpetual laziness. The nutritious solution to this conundrum is a healthy dose of energy-boosting matcha green tea. The standard way to enjoy matcha in your recipes is straight up as tea or in latte form, but it’s so versatile that you can pretty much do anything with it. Keep reading for 15 totally Instagram-worthy recipes, from sweet breakfast treats to indulgent desserts — or a combo, if you make a matcha waffle — that are going to keep your energy up all day long.
1. Matcha Avocado Smoothie Bowl: Sure, this smoothie bowl is super healthy and easy to make, but make sure you snap a pic of this beauty before you gobble it up. Feel free to substitute another frozen tropical fruit instead of mango and swap different berries to switch it up every week. (via The Girl on Bloor)
2. Matcha Green Tea and Blackberry Yogurt Pops: No one ever said you can’t have popsicles in the winter. These tart pops are full of vitamins, and kids will LOVE them. Plus the yogurt adds some protein to the mix, making them a great post-workout snack to boot. (via The Sunny Palate)
3. Baked Matcha Swirl Cheesecake: Adding matcha to your cheesecake is the perfect excuse to call it healthy. The crust is made with Biscoff biscuits, a spiced European cookie. If you can’t find it, substitute your favorite crumbled biscuit for a buttery bite no one can resist. (via My Bare Cupboard)
4. Matcha Chia Seed Pudding: It really doesn’t get much healthier than this fruit-topped bowl. With just five minutes to prep and a chance to finish overnight, this breakfast will be good to go before your hot yoga sash and will provide you with optimal energy. (via Daily Burn)
5. Matcha Green Tea Chocolate Chip Cookies: If you’re tired of the same old chocolate chip cookies, then give this healthier version a whirl. They’re made with oat flour, coconut oil and coconut sugar, so they’re not going to wreak havoc on your New Year’s resolutions. (via The Healthy Maven)
6. Matcha Danish Loaf and Croissants: Interested in a two-for-one deal? This recipe can be adapted from loaf form to croissants depending on what you fancy. Save this one for a Sunday when you want to spend an afternoon baking to your heart’s content. (via My Bare Cupboard)
7. Matcha Marshmallows: Homemade marshmallows are SO much fun to make. Use a cookie cutter to make these into pretty shapes, then gift ’em with some homemade DIY cocoa mix and watch your loved ones’ faces light up. (via 40 Aprons)
8. Strawberry Oat Matcha Muffins: These muffins are full of fresh flavor and contrasting texture. For mornings when you need a quick on-the-go breakfast, these are easy treats. Make them for brunch over the weekend, then bring them to work the rest of the week. (via Thirsty for Tea)
9. Sweet Blueberry Matcha Pancakes: Your breakfast in bed just got a lot more interesting. With matcha, fresh blueberries and egg whites, these are as healthy as they are tasty. Serve these up with a mimosa and you’ll be thinking you’re at a fancy B & B. (via Stefanie Gold Marie)
10. Matcha White Chocolate Bark With Coconut and Raspberries: No matter what the season, red and green just look good together. Give this bark out on Valentine’s Day and you’re going to look like a chocolate connoisseur who knows what’s up. (via Milly’s Kitchen)
12. Matcha Cupcakes With Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting: Monochromatic cupcakes have never looked so chic and ready for a spring bake sale. Make these for your healthy foodie friend’s birthday, and decorate with your favorite sprinkles. (via Ilona’s Passion)
13. Matcha Pistachio Bliss Balls: Bliss balls were THE healthy snack of 2015, and for good reason. These bad boys are full of energy-boosting ingredients to get you through even the toughest of Crossfit classes. And with just six ingredients, you can make them faster than getting dinner on the table. (via Downshiftology)
14. Strawberry Matcha Roll Cake: Strawberry and green tea go together like Kim and Kanye. The light texture of this sponge cake pairs perfectly with the creamy strawberry filling. Valentine’s Day treat, anyone? (via Sweet and Savory by Shinee)
15. Tropical Mango Matcha Panna Cotta: There’s no time like the doldrums of winter to make a dessert that transports you to a tropical island. Test this out on your next date night or when you have the girls over for healthy pizza and cocktails. (via Kevin Is Cooking)
Follow us on Instagram for more energizing recipes!