You don’t need to be an official student to cash in on back to school season. Buying school, er, office supplies is one of those simple joys that makes your life more organized, your desk more stylish, and your day more productive. We’ve done a bit of treasure hunting on Etsy to round up 20 handmade and vintage products, perfect for a little back to school throwback.
1. Blue Canvas Leather Backpack ($59): You’ve gotta get started with a good backpack. If you’re toting your laptop to and from the office, it’s best to keep it on your back. This manages to be stylish and good for you all at the same time.
2. Screen Printed Pencil Case ($16): As it turns out, pencil cases don’t only come in a Hello Kitty pattern. This Aztec-inspired design will make sure even your pencils are on trend.
3. Hanging Memo Chalkboards ($24): Keep running to-do lists, shopping list, and notes to your housemates in check with a trio of hanging memo boards.
4. Vintage Metal Lunch Box ($44): Not the most lightweight lunch box option, this vintage blue metal box is pretty darn cool. We love the weathered texture.
5. Leather Notebook Cover ($49): Fly through Moleskine notebooks like it’s your job? Get a bright leather notebook cover to keep them protected in your bag, and swap out every time you finish a notebook.
6. You Are My Person Notebook ($6): Or you can go for a little romance with your note-taking :)
7. Rustic Wood iPad Stand ($35): Never have we ever seen a more farm-to-table iPad stand. I mean, is that even a category of iPad stand? Regardless, we love the look of this, especially in the kitchen while flipping through recipes.
8. Gentle Reminders Pencil Set ($12): It’s as simple as remembering to be smart, be charming, be kind, be stylish, be silly, and be fabulous.
9. Canvas Leather Tote Bag ($159): This stylish number is great for a universal bag. It works with a laptop if you need it, but is also okay slouching over with just a few essentials.
10. Artist Set Rubber Stamp Set ($14): When is the last time you used a rubber stamp? Tell us. Middle school? Yeah, we thought so, but these would make the cutest set of notecards or thank you notes ever!
11. Crayon Ammo Belt ($25): Crayons are very serious business – arm yourself with the entire color wheel right on your belt.
14. “Paper” Towels ($44): These tea towels are based on the iconic patterns found in school notebooks, legal pads, and the like. We want all four!
16. Pink Color Block Daily Planner ($22): Sometimes writing down all those appointments and notes about them is actually more effective than going digital – but you’ve gotta make sure you keep things well-designed.
17. Gold Foil Quote Prints ($10): Fill your office, dorm room, or studio with inspiring words. And remember to always be brave.
18. Mini Tablet Case ($24): This fetching case fits most small tablets (iPad, Kindle, etc) and looks good doing so.
19. Driftwood Docking Station ($72): There’s something a little bit hilarious about pairing an iPhone with a piece of driftwood, but we’ll take it.
20. Linen and Leather Polka Dot Tote ($64): Last, a simple but beautifully made tote for carrying all those odds and ends you need on a daily basis. Plus, you’ve gotta have room to pick up a few more goodies on your way home, right?
How do you channel your inner student for back to school season? Talk to us in the comments below.