When the weather turns frosty, there’s nothing like cozying up with your besties, a few festive cocktails, and some great food. The first day of fall is September 22, which just so happens to be a Friday. That sounds to us like a real good excuse for a celebration. Whether you’re feeding a crowd or hosting an intimate dinner party, we’ve put together our favorite recipes with an unmistakeable fall flair. Scroll through for some major autumn inspiration.
1. Autumn Avocado Toast: Avocado toast gets a seasonal upgrade with pears, gorgonzola, walnuts, and cinnamon. It’s fancy enough to serve with a glass of bubbly but easy enough for your next tailgate. (via How Sweet It Is)
2. Creamy Parmesan Orecchiette With Butternut Squash and Broccolini: Few dishes are as satisfying as a big bowl of pasta, but this one strikes the balance of feeling indulgent but not too heavy. If you wind up with leftovers, it stays equally yummy for lunch leftovers. (via Punch of Yum)
3. Maple Balsamic Pork Tenderloin: We can almost hear the crunch of autumn leaves when we think about this flavor combination. Pork tenderloin is super easy to make and great for a crowd. The best part is that you can finish it in the oven while hanging with your guests, rather than slaving over a stovetop. (via The Healthy Foodie)
4. Cheesy Brussels Sprouts With Bacon: Warm, gooey, salty, and creamy is just how we like our green veggies. This elegant side dish would be delicious with just about anything, like that pork tenderloin we just talked about. (via The Chunky Chef)
5. Thick and Creamy Pumpkin Soup: Squash soup is a classic that just doesn’t get old, especially when topped with crunchy bacon bits. We love the idea of serving this up in coffee mugs and enjoying by a fire, indoor or out. (via Cafe Delites)
6. Delicata Squash Tacos With Black Beans: If you’ve got a taco party on the brain, this one is a yummy version for September. It’s a hearty and festive option for vegetarians. Just add a margarita. (via Naturally Ella)
8. Spicy Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese: Everyone’s favorite comfort food just got even better. This sammy is packed with extra flavor from apple butter, pepper jelly, and sharp white cheddar. Have your ingredients ready to go and enjoy this after a cold day of outdoor fall activities. (via Belle Vie)
9. Apple Cider Pulled Pork With Apple Cabbage Slaw: The pork sits in a bath of apple cider for eight hours, so by the time you’re ready for dinner your entire house will smell like fall. (via The Speckled Palate)
10. Gnocchi With Brussels Sprouts, Chicken Sausage, and Kale Pesto: This recipe is one of those that bridges the divide between summer and cold weather, using up the last wisps of basil along with crunchy kale for the pesto sauce. It’s hearty, healthy, and chock full of nutritious produce. (via Gimme Some Oven)
11. Fall Harvest Cider Roast Chicken With Walnuts, Goat Cheese, and Grapes: A roast chicken can be super simple or incredibly decadent. This one gets a layer of goat cheese, walnuts, and herbs stuffed under the skin, sits atop a bed of grapes, and bastes in apple cider. You might want to make this showstopper an annual tradition. (via Half Baked Harvest)
12. Farro Risotto With Kale and Feta: Using farro instead of classic arborio rice gives an earthy twist to risotto. Wilted greens and cubes of feta are gently folded in at the end to round out a perfect cold-weather meal. (via Food52)
13. Autumn Cobb Salad: If temperatures haven’t quite cooled off by the time September 22 rolls around, this salad is the answer. You can make lots of the components in advance and throw it together right before serving. (via Foodiecrush)
Ready for more cold weather recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!