This New Hair Color Trend Has Already Replaced Rainbow Hair
Faster than we could replicate an at-home rainbow hair dye job, the super colorful hair trend has been replaced by a new bold look called “fire hair.” It’s exactly what it sounds like: When hair is dyed progressive shades that mimic the colors of a fire or flame. It’s a striking look when the hair is dyed correctly (careful if you dye yours at home!) because the hues appear to cascade from deep reds on top to light (sometimes bright) yellows toward the tip of the hair.
1. @bescene: This gal’s color begins with a pretty deep raspberry hue that fades into a pastel peach at the tips. Her “I totally just #WokeUpLikeThis” waves are a nice touch, but we *really* love that awesome braid, which showcases the intricate dye job.
2. @cherryredbombshell: We love this reverse take on #firehair because it starts with a more natural blonde hair color past her dark roots. There is a hint of orange before we hit the bright, punchy red at the tips of her hair.
3. @uggoff: Purple peeks out of this lady’s hair at the ends, which provides a fun pop of color. The straight style of this look allows us to focus on the advanced dye job — just look at those highlights on the top of her head and try not to swoon. They really bring the whole look together.
4. @color_hair_dont_care_xp: You can’t help but notice this ‘do, y’all, and for good reason — these colors are on point and look simply awesome. A base of bright yellow provides the perfect backdrop for the bold orange, deep magenta and fiery reds that naturally fall on top.
5. @screammydarling: First, we have to give this woman props for having perfectly matched brows to her #firehair — not an easy feat. This is a nice example of an ombre-esque take on the fire hair trend. The colors just seems to effortlessly fade into each other.
6. @omfgyourhair: What a look!! We’re all about the subtle progression in this ‘do; it’s definitely different from some bolder looks featured here. At first glance, this woman looks like she has a solid overall color, but if you look closer, you can see the complex dye job — especially in that rad braid.
7. @funky_._girl: The teeny-tiny plaits in this fishtail braid (which are so much easier to do than you’d expect, btw) allow us to see each piece as it progresses from an orangey-peach to burnt orange to a bright yellow. In terms of braid game, it’s also on fire — we love how it’s structured yet still loose.
8. @awedeewolff: Just because you have short hair doesn’t mean you can’t jump on this trend! This lady’s short style really showcases the jewel-toned purple to red-orange to toned-down shade of yellow. We also are super into how the long fringe allows bits of yellow to peek out.
9. @bellashoot: This look features a bit more pinky hues than the others, but that only adds to its multi-dimensional vibe, which you can especially see in her braid. The matte look of this gal’s hair adds an edgy vibe to this style — try a sugar spray if you’re going for the same feel.
10. @rockstarwigs: Customized wig or not, this hair rules. A side-swept bang gives an opportunity to show off the different colors in this dye job in a swooshy way. Loose, flowy curls offer an added layer of dimension for this look — the coordinated makeup doesn’t hurt, either!
Are you loving these looks or is #firehair a bit too bright for your taste? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)