10 Fitness Classes You and Your Kids Will Love
We spend a lot of time discussing ways to achieve your fitness goals, but what about getting the family involved? Sure, your partner can probably take care of their own fitness needs, and if you’re cooking healthy meals for one it’s easy enough to expand that out to two (or three or four). That only leaves out one small thing — your kids’ chance to have a little fun and become more active. We know that starting a new fitness routine is much easier when you have a buddy, but rather than finding classes for you and your gal pals, we decided to look at healthy, safe and, most importantly, fun fitness classes and activities to try with your kids.
1. Yoga: Yoga is great for the growing body. All those stretches can help aid development and tone new muscles. Pick a kid-friendly class for some easier poses to get your kiddos started. A good downward dog at the end of the day will do you both some good. (via Yoga Vibes)
2. Trapeze: We doubt you’ll get any resistance if you tell your offspring that their gym class this year will be trapeze. Swinging through the air, you’ll build trust and some serious muscle. (via Washingtonian)
3. Tennis: It’s easy to start youngsters on this fast-paced sport, especially if you’ve already been hitting the courts yourself. Sign up for a parent-child doubles match to test both of your newfound skills. (via Optimum Tennis)
5. Kickboxing: Does your little tyke have a TON of energy? Let them sweat it out with a kids’ kickboxing class while you take on some more advanced moves with your trainer or cardio kickboxing instructor. (via Ao8 Training)
8. Cross-Fit: Even though the cross-fit craze has been called too intense by some, this kid-friendly course takes special care to protect muscles and joints while teaching proper fitness techniques. Psst, don’t tell anyone, but this is secretly the best way to get a taste of cross-fit before committing to the big leagues. (via Cross-Fit Goliath)
9. Bootcamp: Just like your own bootcamp classes, this outdoor training sesh will have little cadets running around, doing jumping jacks and pushing (mini) tires. A full body workout is just the thing to tucker out a particularly energetic tot. (via Bootcamp Ideas)
10. Dance: Let your kid’s inner ballerina — or hip-hop dancer, or tap dancer, or modern dancer — break free with some beginner’s classes. You can watch from the sidelines or practice the moves with them at home: We promise you’ll still get a good workout. (via Magnuson Athletic Club)
Are you and your family excited to try out some of these classes? Which ones are you most interested in exploring? Let us know below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)