Celiac sufferers, we have some news for you and it comes in delicious Girl Scout cookie form. Rejoice! There’s now a gluten-free chocolate chip shortbread joining the troop. Wait. Chocolate chip shortbread? Yeah, us non-gf GFs will take a box too, please. Okay, fine make it two!
Our favorite “season,” (Girl Scout Cookie Shopping Season, naturally) of the year officially kicks off February 7. That means the one week countdown ‘til your cookie shopping spree can commence is ON! And in honor of the new option, we thought we’d celebrate with a roundup of some of our favorite gluten-free Girl Scout cookie recipes. We feel a baking spree coming on…
1. Gluten-Free “Thin Mints”: Don’t know about you, but it’s not officially The Day My Girl Scout Cookies Arrive until we have a pack of thin mints chillin’ in our freezer. Now this is how we do chocolate mint, Crest. (via The Wannabe Chef)
2. Gluten-Free Caramel Delights: Who knew a cookie so delicious was easy (enough) to make at home! As much as we love these in the pack, we can taste the chocolate-coconut-y goodness fresh from the oven now. (via Glutenista)
3. Gluten-Free Vegan Do-Si-Do Cookies: I’ve never met a vegan peanut butter cookie (or an anything peanut butter, really) I didn’t love, so the sandwich factor has me do-si-do-ing at my computer. You too? (via Fork and Beans)
4. Gluten and Dairy-Free Trefoils: The mama behind these sweets set out to healthify the slightly sinful shortbread by cutting out the dairy. And with the Girl Scouts Cookie Cutter, you’ll really never know the difference. Sneaky! (via Angela’s Kitchen)
6. Paleo Peanut Butter Patties: You might know them as Tagalongs, but we know these bad boys as downright delicious. And the bonus in this bite is that they’re paleo AND vegan made with almond flour and dark chocolate. Insert slow clap. (via Elana’s Pantry)
What’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie? Have you ever made them at home? Share below!