41 Awesome DIY Halloween Costume Ideas for Guys
We’ve been giving lots of love to the ladies and kiddos for this year’s Halloween costume prep. But now, it’s *all* about the dudes. These creative DIY costumes will up your Halloween game and leave you feeling super creative. Into video games? Check. Throwbacks? We’ve got you covered. How about pop culture faves? Yup, those are on here too. Scroll on and take your pick from these 41 creative costume ideas for guys that anyone can DIY for Halloween.
1. Al Borland: You know you can’t have Al Borland from Home Improvement without some flannel. Don’t worry if you can’t commit to growing out your beard for this look — just opt for a fake one like Zane did here. (via Brit + Co)
2. Ace Ventura: ALLLRIGHTY THEN. Borrow one of your old man’s Hawaiian shirts, put a belt on your striped pajama pants and run some gel through your hair for this easy, wacky look. And don’t forget to practice your best Pet Detective impressions. (via Gallery Hip)
5. Bill Nye the Science Guy: Who doesn’t love this trip down memory lane? Good ol’ Bill has saved one too many of us from boring science classes. Not to mention his show won 18 Emmys during its five-year run. (via Michael/Flickr Creative Commons)
11. Francis Whitman: Francis, the eldest of the three brothers in Wes Anderson’s The Darjeeling Limited, struggles with a tendency to take control. So if you’re the type who orders for your friends or dates, Francis is your best bet. (via Orange Juice Etc.)
25. Not Sure Fry Meme: You’ve probably seen this meme floating around on the Internet, and here it is brought to life. Fry here’s not sure if that guy is in a costume or just doing his job. #NailedIt (via Imgur)
29. Robert Baratheon: Surrounded by food and wine is how Robert would have looked if he hadn’t died in Game of Thrones. The dead boar is also a nice touch. (If you didn’t know, he was killed by a boar.) (via Nathan Rupert/Flickr Creative Commons)
33. Steve Zissou: Whether it’s loyalty or stupidity, Zissou proves he’s got guts in The Life Aquatic. Harness that energy this year with a blue polo and a red cap, and a whole lotta one-liners. (via Orange Juice Etc.)
37. Louis Tully (Vinz Clortho): Ghostbusters fans, listen up. Remember when Louis gets inhabited by the demon Vinz (AKA the Keymaster) and goes around Central Park harrassing people and talking to horses? Yup. This one’s for you. (via Imgur)
41. Zero: This bellboy’s pretty much the MVP of the Grand Budapest Hotel characters. Check out how we made this easy look with our tutorial. Pair it with Agatha for an adorable couple’s costume. (via Brit + Co)
Which of these looks will you be rocking? Any awesome ones we missed? Let us know in the comments below!