18 Delightfully Frightening Halloween Snacks for Your Next Bash
You’ve decided to throw a Halloween party this year — for the first time ever. That in itself is scary! Halloween is one of the most coveted holidays of the year for both kids *and* adults, so the pressure is ON. You’ve got your creative pumpkin carving blueprints drawn out, you’ve created a solid Halloween playlist to help your guests boogie and you’ve found yourself a perfect last-minute costume. All that’s left is prepping some spooky munchies. And because we LOVE Halloween, we’ve dug up 18 delightfully frightening snacks that will help you be the g(host) with the most.
1. Cheesy Crescent Mummy Dogs: With only the simplest of ingredients, you could be the most well-liked person at this year’s celebration. After all, everyone loves hot dogs and will fight to get these mummies into their tummies. (via The Seaman Mom)
2. Pumpkin Pork Enchiladas: If you’re looking for a substantial meal to dish up before taking the kids trick-or-treating on fright night, these hot and cheesy enchiladas will deliver. They’re stuffed with pumpkin-y and pork-y goodness. (via Better With Butter)
3. Halloween Pizza: Nope, this isn’t Fear Factor pizza made with coagulated blood and bone marrow crust; it’s the real delicious thing, we promise. If you’re planning to get cozy with some scary movies, consider these freaky little pizzas as a snack. (via Vegan Richa)
4. Pumpkin Hummus: This might look like pumpkin pie filler, but it’s better. Grab a box of your favorite crackers and get ready to dip into this silky, smooth and healthy hummus. (via The Muffin Myth)
5. Pumpkin Cheese Ball: If pumpkin-stuffed everything makes you cringe at Halloween, we’ve got you covered. This creamy and delicious cheese ball is totally pumpkin-free — it’s just shaped like one because that’s the cool thing to do. All you’ll find in this bad boy is cream cheese, sharp cheddar and crumbled cheesy nacho chips. (via Baking Beauty)
6. Squid Ink Couscous: Squid ink pasta is spooky on an average day, let alone on Halloween. Impress your sophisticated friends all while freaking them out with this blackened couscous salad. (via Food Nasty)
7. Pepperoni Pizza Pockets: Whether you’re throwing a Halloween party for kids or adults, these pepperoni pizza pockets will be all the rage. The great thing is you can make them ahead, so they’re delicious and they free up some time. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
8. Spider Web Cake: Strewn with a marshmallow and fondant web, this cake isn’t just amazing on the outside; it’s got a lot going on inside of it too. With a filling of Speculoos and Nutella, no cookie butter lover could ever deny a slice. (via Oh the Goodies)
9. White and Dark Chocolate Dipped Pretzels: Not ALL Halloween party nosh has to be spooky in an obvious way; it’s what you make it. This sweet and salty snack is great for any event, but for Halloween, you could pretend the crushed nuts are actually crushed BONES. Snacks and imagination are all we truly need in this world. (via Fashion Edible)
10. Caramel Apples: Sink your teeth into these bright green caramel apples. They’re super easy to make and can be personalized to please every tastebud. If you want fruity, you’ve got fruity. Salty? No problem. They also create a stunning statement on a table spread. (via Strawberry Blonde Kitchen)
11. Pumpkin Pretzels: If you love a combination of salty and sweet, these bite-sized goodies are right up your alley. Crunchy salted pretzels coated in sweet melted chocolate — so easy to make, even the kids can lend a hand. (via Kitchen Mason)
12. Red Velvet Boo Cakes: No Halloween affair is complete without some ghastly cupcakes. These rich, chocolatey red velvet cakes are topped with the cutest marshmallow ghosts. The only frightening thing about them is that they do eventually disappear. (via Every Nook and Cranny)
13. Reese’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie: What’s better than a soft and chewy cookie? A GIANT soft and chewy cookie! This mouthwatering skillet confection is loaded with peanut butter and chocolate galore. Top it with some vanilla ice cream and escape to a dark room where you don’t have to share with anyone else. (via Life Made Sweeter)
15. Caramel Popcorn Balls: Even the most blood-thirsty of vampires could pass on a slender neck to sink its chompers into one of these caramel-y chocolatey popcorn balls. Satisfy your sweet tooth and salty cravings all at once. (via Pumpkin ‘n Spice)
16. Marshmallow Madness Cake: Don’t let these adorable little marshmallows escape! This three-layered cake really has it all: a drippy chocolate glaze, sweet marshmallow frosting and a moist spongy cake that will make your eyes roll to the back of your skull. (via Cake Merchant)
17. Jack-O-Lantern Pumpkin Hand Pies: When you’re finished with carving your pumpkins, carve out some pumpkin hand pies to reward yourself. Crusty on the outside and soft on the inside, it’s like having your very own personal pumpkin pie. (via Acorns and Custard)
18. Puffy Mummy Pockets: These too-cute-to-eat mummy pockets are super simple and versatile, so you can get creative and fill them with just about anything. They’re a great way to have an eerie breakfast, a spine-chilling lunch or a mysterious snack. (via Twisted Noodle)
For more party inspo and tasty snack ideas, follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)