21 Healthy Breakfast Recipes That Aren’t Eggs
Eggs taste delicious, look delicious and are super high in protein, so they keep a ravenous appetite at bay on any given morning (or evening, if you like breakfast for dinner.) But if you want to tone it down on the cholesterol, it’s probably not wise to eat an egg or two every single day. If you have a hard time coming up with healthy breakfast options, we’ve got you covered. Once you try one of these delish dishes, you just might break up with your eggs for good.
1. Green Smoothie: Spinach, which has a huge variety of vitamins and antioxidants, is the not-so-secret ingredient in this nutritious smoothie. And since there’s also fruit in the mix, it won’t be like drinking straight vegetables. (Photo via Kathryn Stouffer)
2. Brûleéd Grapefruit: Grapefruit is known for its high levels of vitamin C and its ability to stifle cravings. When you broil or bake these citrus gems, the juiciness takes on a whole new level. Just be aware of how much sugar you’re adding. (Photo via Jocelyn Hsu)
3. Banana Peanut Butter Granola Bars: Homemade granola > store-bought granola. Always. These homemade granola bars will make your mouth water when you enjoy them on the go. Plus, they’re probably the healthiest granola bars you’ll ever eat, and they are seriously delicious. (Photo via Alex Tom)
4. Overnight Oats: Overnight oats are beautiful because they’re delicious, healthy and beyond easy to prepare. As long as you stick to one or two fruits and avoid sugary add-ins (like jelly or chocolate chips), this option is a fantastic go-to in the morning. (Photo via Gabby Phi)
5. Frozen Greek Yogurt Banana Poppers: You’re coating fruit in Greek yogurt, so of course this is a no-brainer for a healthy breakfast. And with only two ingredients in this treat, you have no excuse not to try them. It’s fro-yo for breakfast, y’all! (Photo via Abigail Wilkins)
6. Cinnamon and Banana Breakfast Cookies: Yes, you can have cookies for breakfast, and not just because Mom isn’t there to say no. The recipe calls for nut butter instead of regular butter, so you get a nice protein boost. (Photo via Maia Vernacchia)
7. Mango and Coconut Chia Seed Pudding: Chia seeds are a superfood because they are high in fiber, protein and omega-3 fatty acids (plus a bunch of other good things that do wonders for your health). While you can try this recipe to start, feel free to play with different types of milk and fruit to find the best combo for you. (Photo via Giulianna Gadelha)
8. Loaded Apple Slices: An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Whip these up for a sweet, healthy breakfast. If you want to make it super healthy, you could hold off on the chocolate chips, but we wouldn’t recommend that. (Photo via Photo by Mulin Xiong)
9. Hawaiian Pizza Bites: On the days when you don’t have leftover pizza, make these pizza bites. Not only is this basic recipe gluten-free, but it also uses Canadian bacon as a healthy bacon alternative. The sweetness of the pineapple balances out the meal nicely so it’s not too salty for b-fast. (Photo via Ruchika Agarwal)
10. Peanut Butter and Banana Toast: Bananas and peanut butter are almost as perfect together as peanut butter and jelly. This is definitely a breakfast option for those with a sweet tooth, but because it’s packed with protein (thanks, peanut butter), it will keep you full until lunch. Sprinkle with cinnamon for a kick. (Photo via Grace Goettman)
11. Chia and Flaxseed Microwave Oatmeal: If chia pudding isn’t your style, try chia oatmeal. And yes, you can make this in your microwave. Perfection. (Photo via Becky Hughes)
12. Avocado Toast: If you haven’t tried this before, you’re probably in the minority. Avocados are loaded with healthy fats and are so tasty. (Photo via Becky Hughes)
13. Grilled Strawberry Parfait: Similar to the idea of broiled grapefruit, this recipe grills strawberries to enhance their natural flavors. And you will not believe the juiciness of grilled strawberries. If grilling is too much effort, sautée them in a pan over the stove for a similar effect. (Photo via Grace Bodkin)
14. Frozen Matcha Green Tea Smoothie: This is a different kind of green smoothie, thanks to matcha powder. Matcha is a powdered form of green tea, and apparently it has way more antioxidants than normal green tea. Booyah. An easy and healthy breakfast you can slurp down on the go. (Photo via Stephanie Nguyen)
15. Raspberry Breakfast Popsicles: Popsicles for breakfast sounds like the perfect morning. This recipe uses Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, so you know you’re getting the protein and vitamins you need. In just five simple steps, you can have these for breakfast almost all week. (Photo via Lily Allen)
16. Quinoa Oatmeal: The time will come when you run out of chia seeds and instant oatmeal packets. Instead of panicking, use quinoa as an oatmeal base. This breakfast packs a mean protein punch, especially when you add the peanut butter and almond milk. You won’t be hungry for a while with this one. (Photo via Jill Langin)
17. Vegan Oreo Pancakes: This recipe isn’t the simplest one in the book, but it’s totally worth it for a stack of creamy, chocolatey pancakes you don’t need to feel guilty about devouring. It’s a tad sugary to be the healthiest option on this list, but it’s much better for you than some other waffle or pancake batters. (Photo via Abigail Wang)
18. Coffee Protein Smoothie: With this easy drink, you can drink your coffee and eat it too. Throw some coffee, bananas and protein powder into a blender, and voila! A caffeinated, protein-rich option for mornings when a Starbucks run isn’t possible. (Photo via Ashton Caudle)
19. Banana Coffee Chip Cookies: More cookies for breakfast! If we didn’t convince you the first time, here’s our second push. You need to try these yummy bad boys that combine dessert, coffee and chocolate into one incredible morning option. Almond butter and bananas keep the health levels in check. (Photo via Zoe Holland)
20. Pumpkin Spice Granola: Whip up a batch of this pumpkin spice granola for the ultimate fall b-fast. Its secret ingredient is… quinoa! Pair this with milk or yogurt, or nosh on it by itself. (Photo via Maggie Gorman)
21. Almond Butter Protein Balls: You’ve never seen protein balls like these before. This smart breakfast is nutty, chocolatey and chock-full of protein, so you’ll be feeling full until lunch. Bonus: These are super easy to make and require only four ingredients. You’re crazy if you don’t whip up a batch tonight. (Photo via Keni Lin)
Do you have any other noteworthy dessert recipes? Let us know in the comments!
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.