Pack These Plane Snacks to Stay Healthy on Your Vacay
After scoring a super cheap international flight, there isn’t a lot to look forward to in the flying itself (other than no leg room), especially when you’re just trying to get to your perfect weekend getaway. It helps to fill your carry-on with everything you need to relax on your flight, but there’s one more important thing to consider: what to eat while you’re in the air. Which is why we rounded up the nine best snacks to keep your diet on track when you’re 30,000 feet high.
1. Ips Chips ($3): Available in four flavors, Ips Chips are not only delicious, but they’re packed with protein. A one-ounce bag (the perfect size to throw in your purse) is equal to eating one egg, so instead of senseless snacking during travel, you can snack smart without giving up flavor.
2. True North Nut Clusters ($5): These lightly sweetened nut clusters are the best of both worlds: It’s a snack that’s good for you and fills a hunger gap, while still satisfying your sweet and crunchy cravings. Wait, maybe that’s the best of all four worlds? Plus, you can take your pick between three tasty flavors: Cashew Crunch, Chocolate Nut Crunch and Almond Pecan Crunch.
3. Graze Super Kale and Edamame ($9 for six): Just because you’re out of the comfort of your own home doesn’t mean your healthy habits should be thrown out the window. These individual packets from Graze combine crispy kale with dried edamame to form the perfect source of protein, vitamins and minerals.
4. Hellas Farms Greek Pistachios ($36, box of 12): These are a fresh, sophisticated version of America’s favorite nut, with premium quality and taste. Simple and delicious, with just a touch of Greek sea salt and a satisfying crunchy bite, Hellas Farms Greek Pistachios are a tasty (and low calorie) snack to crack open for an afternoon pick me up.
5. Kitch No-Grain-Ola ($15): A paleo-certified, gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO snack that’s loaded with flavor? Sign us up, flight or no flight. Their resealable bags make these healthy snacks perfect for travel.
6. Vermont Smoke and Cure Meat Sticks ($33, pack of 24): These flavor-packed meat sticks are vegetarian-fed and raised without antibiotics, sodium nitrate, preservatives or added hormones, so it’s a snack you can feel good about. Plus, each of the brand’s nine flavors are gluten-, nut- and dairy-free.
7. Rhythm Superfoods Broccoli Bites ($57, pack of 12): We know how tempting it can be to snag a bag of Doritos while you’re waiting for your delayed flight. But with fun flavors like Garden Ranch and Zesty Nacho, these broccoli bites are just as filling, but unlike other plane foods, aren’t jam-packed with sodium.
8. Brookside Yogurt Flavored Fruit and Nut Bars ($17 for eight) These easy-to-carry bars are made with real fruit with natural flavors, nuts and seeds and accented with yogurt-flavored cream. Grab a bunch to throw in your purse, your carry-on and your suitcase to fight mid-flight and hotel snack cravings.
9. Crunchies Mixed Fruit ($24 for six): Crunchies come in single-serve packs and resealable bags that make long flights more delicious and nutritious. With no added sugar, Crunchies fruits are also a great way to get all-natural energy before your workout. Available in pineapple, strawberry banana, blueberries and more, these good-for-you snacks will satisfy sweet cravings without weighing you down during that jog or dance class.
Tweet us your favorite flight snack @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)