12 Henna Artists to Follow on Instagram
If 2014 was the year of the flash tattoo, we predict that 2015 will bring us another temporary tattoo trend: henna. Traditionally used to decorate South Asian brides‘ hands, the art of henna is coming back in a big way, and even celebrities are starting to jump on the bandwagon. The patterns are as intricate as ever, but have evolved into more modern designs. We’re SO glad this beauty trend is no longer reserved for brides. Follow these 12 henna artists on Instagram for inspiration or just to look at some seriously beautiful designs.
2. @mehndidesigner: A traditional bride shows off her henna, or “mehndi.” Sometimes traditional is the way to go.
3. @brooklynhennaco: Who needs accessories when you can adorn your hands with henna bracelets, cuffs and rings? These designs are so amazing, we wish someone would design jewelry based on it.
6. @beyondhenna: At first glance, this looks like a basic arm tattoo, but the intricate details are what really make it a work of art.
7. @maplemehndi: Not only do we love the adjoining hearts, but this is also a totally unique way of henna-ing by creating patterns using reverse negative space.
9. @sarashenna: While this is actually just white body paint applied to look like henna, we love it all the same. A perfect marriage between East and West, this white-gloved look would be gorgeous on a bride of any culture.
10. @mehndiadiktt: This simple design is jazzed up with glittery pink accents and a sparkly rhinestone. This artist is based in London, but that shouldn’t stop you from browsing through her lovely designs.
11. @gloryofhenna: This artist is definitely one to watch. LA-based Deepali is already a celeb favorite, working with stars like Pretty Little Liars‘ Shay Mitchell. Follow her for more famous faces and some uber-cool henna.
Are you following any fabulous henna artists that we should know about? Tell us below.