Here Is Everything You Need to Do at the Harry Potter Festival
There are more ways than ever for Harry Potter obsessives to immerse themselves in the World of Wizarding. Of course, you can check out the new Harry Potter and the Cursed Child stage show, you can count the days ’til the new Fantastic Beasts movie, or you could stick with the tried and true and wait out the new Potter books J.K. Rowling promised. But all of those seem like dated ways to be involved, now that there are Harry Potter cafés, homemade Butterbeer recipes and IRL sorting hats.
The latest and maybe most immersive experience yet though sounds like the Harry Potter Festival. Happening October 21 and 22 in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, the festival sounds pretty much like a one-stop shop for everything Potter. Aside from the slew of fortune tellers, face-painting, games and photo booths spread throughout the grounds, there are some pretty authentic Harry Potter experiences to be had. Check out our must-sees below.
1. Ride the Hogwarts Express (30th Street Station) into the Festival. Apparently, Harry and friends will even be aboard some of the trains. Honestly, we can hardly tell the real Harry apart from this actor.
2. Stock up on all your wizarding needs at the shops of Hogsmeade. You’re going to think you’re actually in the village while you stroll the 10 blocks of Chestnut Hill dotted with shops just like the ones frequented on High Street. Pick up some extra souvenirs for your friends. They’ll be jealllllllous.
3. Get your life sorted! The Headmaster has graciously donated the Sorting Hat for the occasion, and there will be plenty of time for y’all to find out which house you’re going to.
4. Go to the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Housed in Chestnut Hill College, this is worth it alone to be in a building that feels like an IRL Hogwarts — seriously. Instagram heaven.
5. See a Quidditch tournament. You’re no one in the wizarding world until you’ve taken in a tournament.
6. Enroll in Defense Against the Dark Arts classes. There won’t be a better time to get in this pre-req credit.
7. Fill up on Butterbeer, Bertie Bott’s Beans and Muggles Brew. Because when in
8. Go see the IRL owls and falcons. SAY NO MORE.
9. End your weekend with some tea at Madame Puddifoot’s Tea Shoppe: Say goodbye to Hogsmeade at the hottest hang spot in the village, and maybe even make a love connection.
What’s on your list of things to do at the Harry Potter Festival? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Lisa Maree Williams/Getty)