Here’s Where You Can Score Free Goodies for National Cookie Day!
Here’s how to make your Monday a whole lot sweeter: treat yourself to an ooey-gooey cookie, because A) why not? and B) it’s National Cookie Day, which means scoring free and discounted baked goods at the following stores. You can thank us later… (with a cookie, of course.)
1. Whole Foods: While the gourmet grocer is famous for carrying a plethora of health foods, they definitely don’t back down when it comes to baked goods. Today, the retailer is knocking off 50 percent from all cookies at their cookie bar, which includes basically every form of cookie you can imagine.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Mrs. Fields Cookies (@mrsfieldscookies) on
2. Mrs. Fields: Run — don’t walk — for this one. The old school bakery chain is doling out free cookies to the first 400 customers at every US store location. Plus, they’re offering 40 percent off of holiday cookie assortments on their website.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Insomnia Cookies (@insomniacookies) on
3. Insomnia Cookies: Everyone’s favorite late night snack shop is gifting a free cookie with the purchase of another item (because two cookies is always better than one!)
4. Great American Cookies: These treats truly are great — especially when they’re free. Select Great American Cookie locations will gift a free cookie to anyone who walks into their store today. No purchase necessary.
5. Cinnabon: The objectively best-smelling stall at everyone’s local airport/shopping mall waited till none other than National Cookie Day to roll out their new cinnamon-bun-stuffed chocolate ship cookie. As deliciously decadent as this sounds, it’s only around for a limited time… so act fast!
How are you celebrating National Cookie Day? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)