Hershey’s Is Already Celebrating Valentine’s Day With Lava Cake Kisses
Even though you might still be in a dessert coma from the holidays, Hershey’s is giving chocolate lovers the sweetest early Valentine’s Day treat: a brand new, limited-edition flavor of Hershey’s Kisses that will make your special someone’s heart practically erupt with chocolate-y goodness.
The iconic chocolate company has announced its new Lava Cake Hershey’s Kisses ($4), and they’re basically mini versions of your favorite mountainous dessert. Featuring a melted cocoa center surrounded by a decadent dark chocolate outer layer, these kisses are an explosion of chocolate wrapped in festive pink hearts for the occasion.
In addition to the new kisses, which are available nationwide for a limited time, Hershey’s has shared a recipe for its lava cake, which sounds like a surefire way to win your valentine’s affections all year long.
Hershey’s Kisses Lava Cake
(Makes 10 brownie cakes)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, plus more for greasing
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus more for greasing
- 30 Lava Cake Hershey’s Kisses candies
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and sugar 10 (4-ounce) ramekins of custard cups. Remove wrappers from candies; set aside.
2. Place butter in large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) 1-1/2 minutes or until melted. Add cocoa; stir until smooth. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; stir with spoon until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well with spoon. Add flour; stir until well blended.
3. Fill prepared cups about 2/3 full with batter. Push points of 3 chocolates about halfway into batter.
4. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until outer cake portion springs back when lightly touched with finger (Cake may still appear moist where chocolates were added.) Cool in cups on wire racks about 5 minutes.
5. To serve, run knife around outer edge of cake; invert onto serving plate. Garnish as desired.
Will you be trying Lava Cake Hershey’s Kisses this year? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photos via Hershey)