17 Christmas Candy Recipes That Will Kick Cookies to the Curb
It seems like Christmas cookies take center stage around the holidays, but they’re not the ONLY sweet treat you should be having this time of year. Sure, there’s some adorable bite-sized holiday sweets you can make with the kiddies and there’s always no-bake holiday desserts for the lazy hostess (no shame!). But why not try something new this year and make some room on your cookie platter for candy instead? You can easily resort to the ever-versatile candy cane, but there’s more to it than that. These 17 Christmas candy recipes will leave your guests licking their lips and wondering how you found the time to put together such fabulous homemade treats.
5. Swiss Meringue Kisses: Almost better than the real thing, these crumbly, airy and melt-in-your-mouth kisses are something everyone will love. Make a double or triple batch, though, because they’ll go fast. (via Lauren Caris Cooks)
6. Buckeyes (Peanut Butter Balls): If you’re in Ohio during the holidays, you’ll see these sweet Buckeyes all over the place (the Buckeye is the state tree of Ohio and its nuts look like these treats). But trust us: Try them no matter where you are this season. (via Chocolate With Grace)
8. Icicle Candy: If all icicles were this sweet and colorful, you might not mind the harsh winter weather. Even if you’re living in a warmer state (lucky you!), you’ll appreciate these OH-SO-pretty candies. (via Tablespoon)
9. Chocolate Bark With Pistachios and Sea Salt: This treat couldn’t be easier to make, and it’s perfect for gift giving. Pro tip: Try it with different nuts or crushed candy canes for a prettier effect. (via Grab a Plate)
10. Springy Fluffy Marshmallows: Can you imagine homemade marshmallows floating in your boozy hot chocolate? The time is NOW to enjoy a sinful treat that’s for adults only this holiday season. (via Smitten Kitchen)
11. Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Trees: These trees are SO adorable and sweet, you’ll want your own little forest of them. Plus, they take minimal prep and you can put them together with the little ones. (via One Little Project)
12. DIY Peppermint Candy Spoons: When you want a fun treat for your hot chocolate or coffee, these sweet spoons hit the spot. Bonus: They’ll make cute stocking stuffers to boot. (via Princess Pinky Girl)
15. Easy Homemade Mallo Cups: Chocolate, marshmallow and coconut couldn’t possibly make a better combo. These little cups are dreamy any time of year, but especially around the holidays. (via How Sweet Eats)
Want to enjoy more Christmas treats + eats? Follow us on Pinterest!
- Holiday GIF Guide: 22 Pieces of Christmas Eye Candy - Brit + Co ›
- 9 Holiday-Inspired Peppermint Cocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- DIY Candy Land: 20 Homemade Candy Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Creative Candy Cane Recipes to Make All of December - Brit + Co ›