7 #OOTDs for the Week: The Throwback Tank That’s Making a Comeback
Crop tops are a summertime essential, but as of late, the pint-sized top has gotten a touch of ’90s fever. High, narrow necklines are the topper’s defining features, and they’ve become a favorite of the fashion-blogging set from Cali all the way to NYC. Go for crochet and infuse your go-to denim with instant ’70s flair or make a major statement with a bold print. You can’t really go wrong with this simple yet totally statement-making trend.
1. @jenniferlake: If throwback isn’t your thing, pair your crop top with bottoms in a complementary print for a playful match set. Fuss-free and incredibly fun, it’s the ideal getup for endless summer shenanigans. (via @jenniferlake)
2. @the_salty_blonde: Channel some serious ’70s vibes with a crochet top that’s made for a little seaside lounging. Accessories incorporating natural elements, like agate, turquoise and wood, underline the top’s free-wheelin’ vibe and make the look more than ready for anything from beach bumming to backyard soirees. (via @the_salty_blonde)
3. @kiitana: It might be hot, but that doesn’t mean you should send your denim packin’. Balance out a simple, high-rising crop with the full-coverage bottoms and some eye-catching steppers for a laid-back night-out look. (via @kiitana)
4. @fashionably_lo: Get on board with one of summer’s most approachable trends — bold stripes — by sporting a linear crew-neck crop with an equally attention-grabbing midi. Mixing and matching vertical and horizontal lines are a must for an ensemble that feels modern and edgy. (via @fashionably_lo)
5. @nadiaaboulhosn: This ’90s silhouette goes beyond the crop top, allowing you to shake things up while still rockin’ that style you love. Sleek and sports chic is what this athletic body con is all about. It’s a refreshing break from groovy getups and the like. (via @nadiaaboulhosn)
6. @cmcoving: White-on-white is always a good idea when it comes to warm-weather dressing — even more so when you throw this on-trend halter into the mix. Fluffy tassels infuse the ensemble with a bit of flashiness and keep things feeling fresh. (via @cmcoving)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.