If you’re still looking for Halloween costume ideas, one need look no further than celebrity style for plenty of DIY inspo. With a little imagination, closet rummaging, and a few new wardrobe additions, you can easily channel some of the biggest moments in fashion history (hello, J. Lo’s green Versace). Read on for nine iconic celeb styles you’ll want to relive this holiday.
1. Jennifer Lopez: No moment is arguably more iconic in red carpet history than the one that launched Google image search — literally. Though this Pretty Little Thing Ursie Tropical-Printed Maxi Dress ($62) is *slightly* less racy than J.Lo’s original Versace stunner, the print is a near-match. And, should you really want to go bold and do it up, there’s always scissors to make that V just a litttttle bit deeper! (Photo via Scott Gries/Getty)
2. Taylor Swift: Taylor Swift’s “LWYMMD” video introduced us to a whole new Tay (you know, seeing how the old one is dead and all), and as edgy as her updated style is, it’s actually pretty easy to achieve! Start with an ASOS Long-Sleeve Mesh Bodysuit ($40), then add Rue 21 Velvet High-Waisted Panties ($13 with bra set), Luxury Divas Stripe Thigh High Socks ($12), and Forever 21 Diamond Fishnet Tights ($7) to get your own Reputation as a master of disguise. (Photo via TaylorSwiftEVO/YouTube)
3. TLC: As Halsey proved when she paid homage to the ‘90s girl group on the 2017 Grammys red carpet, recreating TLC’s oversized pajama getup from their video for “Creep” is a cinch. Grab a pair of your favorite satin PJs or invest in a new pair, like the Pajama Gram’s Ruby Satin Pajamas ($70) abovem that you can wear long after Halloween ends. (Photo via Ron Galella/Getty)
4. Lady Gaga: Her *most* iconic fashion moment may have come in the form of her 2010 VMAs meat dress, but since we don’t particularly recommend wearing raw meat out on the town, we’ll settle for the next best thing — the red lace Alexander McQueen mini dress Lady Gaga wore the year before for the 2009 MTV Music Video Awards. This Charlotte Russe Floral Lace Bodycon ($25) takes care of the frock, and a quick trip to Michael’s for a little extra red lace fabric will make for the perfect covering for a tall black crown tiara ($6). (Photo via Christopher Polk)
5. Britney Spears: No Britney Spears red carpet moment is more memorable than when she stepped out in an all denim maxi to match then-boyfriend Justin Timberlake’s Canadian tuxedo. While you’ll be hard-pressed to find an exact replica for her dress (unless you’re Katy Perry, that is), this Suite 7 Halter Maxi ($100) will get the idea across as long as you’ve got the right accessories. Might we suggest this Forever 21 O-Ring Belt ($10) and Pretty Little Thing Lylia Chunky Jewel Choker ($22)? (Photo via Jeffrey Mayer/Getty)
6. Jessica Simpson: She practically became synonymous with Daisy Dukes, thanks to her role as Daisy in the 2005 remake of The Dukes of Hazzard — Jessica Simpson even had a wax figure made in her character’s likeness at Madame Tussaud’s. While you’ve likely already got most of the elements of this look in your wardrobe, pick up missing pieces, such as her uber-short shorts in the form of these Blank NYC Distressed Shorts ($88), a brown Nocona Swirl Stitching Floral Concho Western Belt ($50), red Jaliyah Heels ($60), and a SONOMA Goods for Life Essential V-Neck Tee in berries ($8). (Photo via The Dukes of Hazzard/Warner Bros. Pictures)
7. Beyonce: Beyoncé more or less broke the internet with her epic (and fashionable!) pregnancy photoshoot earlier this year, daring to bare in a lace bra and a pair of satin panties beneath a green veil of fabric. If you’re feeling bold, this Wicked Unlined Uplift Bra ($35) in Kir Retro Romance lace paired with a pair of ASOS Luxe Contrast Bind Shorts ($43) should aid in transforming you into Bey. (Photo via @beyonce)
8. Victoria Beckham: Posh Spice has worn a LOT of memorable outfits over the years, but the one that always sticks out in our minds most is the zebra mini dress Victoria Beckham donned to the 2007 MTV Movie Awards. Lucky for us, the look is a simple one to recreate with this Motel Zebra Print Cami Dress ($48) and Maidenform Self Expressions Extreme Lift Tailored Bra in Fuchsia ($35). Voila! Pure aughts Posh. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
9. Lara Flynn Boyle: Fourteen years after Laura Flynn Boyle walked the Golden Globes carpet in designer David Cardona’s famous tutu dress, people are STILL talking about it. Cause your own buzz this Halloween with a similar looking custom-length shopVmarie Tutu Skirt ($55+) and an American Apparel Sofia Bodysuit ($28), a few pale pink ribbons, and Mossimo Ono Flats ($17). (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/Getty)
10. Missy Elliot: The rap mogul’s “The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)” outfit is your best option in a jam — simply spring for a bag of Hefty (preferably Ultra Strong) ($11), and go to town! While it may take some creative cutting and/or wrappage, it’s at your disposal (pun intended), so why not use it? Bonus points if you add these Guess Decia High-Top Platform Sneakers ($85).
Which look is your favorite? Tell us over @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Brenda Chase/Getty)