If you haven’t already swapped out your thick covers for light and airy, colorful duvets for spring , there’s no time like the present. You might even decide, while Pinning ideas and browsing for new sheets, that you’re headed for an entire bedroom makeover. We’re right there with you. We looked on Instagram and found bedrooms with colorful palettes to inspire your own, so keep reading for some seriously dreamy spaces that are #killin’ the decor scene.
1. Pink Party: If you’re the fearless type when it comes to experimenting with color and patterns, this gorgeous bedroom is the one for you. Its bold color palette and play on geometric gilded trends is exactly what Pinterest was created for.
2. Boho Paradise: Modern aesthetic meets boho hippie in this whimsical mismash of colors, patterns and textures. Stick to clean edges and tassels over fringe to capture this modern, refined look.
3. Minimalist With a Hint of Blue: When you’re working with a room that has a little less vertical space than most, opt for a low-profile bed frame like a platform or a box spring. Pro tip: To visually increase the height of your room, apply the same trick to the rest of your furniture.
4. Boho Modern: Give your bedroom an inviting, earthy aesthetic with wooden decor and furnishings like a woven yarn wall hanging. To keep your space from looking overly “woodsy,” throw a few metal materials into the mix.
5. Plants, Plants, Plants: This bedroom’s innovative use of hanging plants, reminiscent of a floating garden, brightens up the entire space. Though the room itself is mostly white, the pop of green from the plants gives the space open and inviting vibes.
6. Rowhouse: Swap the headboard for another decorative accent. Though these wooden oars fit into the oceanic theme of this bedroom, you may want to opt for something that will best suit your own decor theme. SO much potential.
7. Pom Poms Away: If all you’re looking for is a cozy bedroom, the #1 thing to remember is: Texture is your friend. Whether it’s fringe, tassels, fuzzy pom poms or knits, the more textured accents you give your room (especially the bed!) the comfier it’ll appear.
8. Gilded Dreams: Transform an otherwise ordinary bedroom space into a revolutionary one with something as simple as the headboard. This eye-catching gold finish highlights the other gold accents in the room to create an aesthetically pleasing visual experience.
9. Neutral Haven: If you don’t have a headboard and the space behind your bed is looking a little bare, use a singular framed picture to spruce up any plain wall. Opt for neutral textiles to zen out your space.
10. Texture for Days: If, on the other hand, you want a headboard and frames, go for it! This chic bedroom shows that having both is double the cool factor.
11. Drape It Off: Offset darker bedsheets and duvet covers with wide-open windows that let in plenty of natural light. Opt for white walls that will also give your space a brightening effect.
12. Surf’s Up: This bedroom practically screams its ocean-theme. If you’ve got a theme in mind, go big or go home. Think: color scheme, photos, artwork, books, etc.
13. Cali Chic: Alternatively, this bedroom doesn’t have any outright references to the ocean, but its blue and yellow color scheme couldn’t make its beachside theme any clearer. Whether it’s the seafoam colored walls or the sandy colored area rug, this bedroom’s beachy color palette will give you all the vacay *feels*. If you’re diggin’ this subtle take, pick a themed color scheme and stick to it!
14. Statement Art: Make a ledge work to your advantage by stacking it with artwork, decor, framed pictures, a planter, etc. Whoever designed this bedroom’s got the right idea.
15. Luxury Loft: All you hopeless romantics, look no further. This feminine approach to a loft space uses peachy pinks and rosy hues to create this gorgeous bedroom setting. It’s as if it’s Valentine’s Day all year round (not that we’re complaining).
16. Woven Wall Art: Something as simple as painting one of your walls with chalkboard paint can dramatically change the look and feel of your entire bedroom. It’s a creative and playful way to upgrade your space.
17. Whimsical Watercolor: You won’t need to worry about frames or pictures with wall art this gorgeous. The beautiful blue abstract-marbled wall complements the bed’s blue covers and sheets. Opt for a full-length mural or wall art (or both!) to play up the scale of high ceilings.
18. Swing the Night Away: This bedroom space is straight out of your daydreams. If you’ve got the ceiling support, opt for a beautiful hanging bed that’s sure to whisk you off into dreamland.
19. Global + Eclectic: If you’re working with an industrial space, like this one with wooden ceiling beams and concrete floors and walls, select colors and textiles that bring warmth into your room. The bold blue + yellow duvet and bright nightstand help break up the coldness of the concrete, especially with a patterned rug.
20. Black, White + Gold All Over: Black and white is classic, but when you add gold into the mix, that’s when things become interesting. A hint of gold here and there makes anything fabulous. Just check out what the framed prints and pillows say!
21. Boho Retreat: White on white never gets old. Layer on the white furnishings and decor for an easy trick to achieve an instantly more elegant space. Play with different textures to keep the room visually engaging.
22. Pantone-Inspired: A muted color palette creates a relaxing atmosphere that’s perfect for sending you right off for a goodnight’s rest. Brighten up your bedroom space without relying on bold colors by adding a leafy plant or two.
How will you decorate your bedroom? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspirational decor!