Make This Ridiculously Easy Instant Pot Soup to Eat All Week Long
If you only have 20 minutes for your nightly meal prep and an Instant Pot (AKA man’s best friend after Fido), then look no further than this hearty and healthy Tuscan white bean soup recipe. As a bonus, this one-pot meal will only become more and more delicious as the week progresses. Make it vegan at first with vegetable stock, then add chicken, Italian sausage, or crispy thick-cut bacon later in the week to switch it up.
This recipe is super easy and requires next to no kitchen skills. Chop a little, throw it all in the pot, set it, and forget it. Need dinner to be even more streamlined? Most grocery stores sell a lot of these ingredients already prepped, so you can skip the chopping portion of the directions if you’d like. Make this your go-to recipe for busy weeks when you know you’ll need leftovers.
Instant Pot Tuscan White Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 2 cups chopped leek, white and light green parts only
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 1 1/2 cups diced zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced San Marzano tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning herb mix
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, left whole (optional)
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale, shredded
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- thinly sliced rounds of lemon, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Combine the celery, onion, leek, carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, beans, tomatoes, stock, dried Italian herbs, and whole Italian sausage links, if using.
2. Close and seal the Instant Pot, and set for five minutes on high of the “Manual” setting.
3. Let pressure release naturally. Remove sausage links, if using, and slice into bite-size pieces. Replace pieces into the soup.
4. Stir the shredded kale, parsley, and chopped lemon into the soup. Season to taste and serve hot.
Show us your version of this soup by tagging @BritandCo on Instagram!
(Recipe and photos via Ashley Bare / Brit + Co)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.