24 Recipes to Make With Jams and Jellies
We all have jelly and jam jars hiding in the fridge, tasty fruit preserves we’ve kept around for those PB+J cravings but don’t know what else to do with. Turns out, there are loads of recipes to put those fruity spreads to good use. No matter if you’re armed with classic grape or spicy pepper jelly, there’s no limit to how far your jams and jelly can go. Buy yours at the store or make your jam fresh, and get ready to spread it on thick with these 24 sweet recipes.
2. Jam Straws: Move over, cheese straws. There’s a new twist in town! Grab one of these flaky pie dough rolls filled with tasty preserves for a breakfast on the go. (via Fat Girl Trapped In a Skinny Body)
3. Toaster Pastries: This homemade take on Pop-Tarts calls for a seriously awesome shortcut — jam! Instead of mashing up berries, just load these pastries with fruity preserves. (via Love and Olive Oil)
6. Jam Crumb Bars: It’s not peanut butter and jelly, but these crumbly bars have a ton of nutty flavor to add to whatever jelly you have on hand. Do the right thing: Have one for breakfast and for dessert. (via Two Peas and Their Pod)
7. Caramelized Onion Chicken: Want to know the secret to a super sweet and savory sauce? Jam. Add a raspberry version to this chicken dish, made with Asian flavors and sweet onions. (via Cooking Light)
9. Chicken Wings: Okay, we already know peanut butter and jelly go together like football and Sunday, but PB+J chicken wings? That’s a trio worth digging into. Marinate your wings in jelly, peanut butter and hot sauce, and you’re in for one spicy surprise. (via NPR)
12. Brie + Jam Pretzel Hand Pies: Baked brie with jelly is a popular party app, but this blogger is a total genius for throwing the already epic pairing into a soft pretzel shell. Everyone gets their own “pie” of cheesy jelly goodness. (via Girl Versus Dough)
15. Sweet and Sour Meatballs: You don’t even have to think about this one. Throw three ingredients — meatballs, grape jelly and chili sauce — into your slow cooker, then let the magic happen while you go on with your life. Serve for dinner or as a party appetizer. (via Tablespoon)
18. PB+J Popcorn: Toss fresh popped kernels with jelly, then mix it with another batch coated in white chocolate and peanut butter and you’ve got a snack that’s just as pretty and colorful as it is delicious. (via Something Swanky)
20. Saltine PB+J Sandwiches: Try eating just one of these stacks. Sweet and creamy peanut butter cheesecake is topped with a heaping spoonful of jelly and sandwiched between salty crackers. Absolutely addicting. (via Diethood)
21. Donut Monte Cristo Sliders: Excuse us while we drool for a moment. These mouthwatering monte cristo sandwiches — that’s ham or turkey with cheese and, yep, jelly — are pressed between donuts, then topped with powdered sugar and more jelly. (via Jelly Toast Blog)
22. Short Rib Grilled Cheese: What is is about jam that makes already amazing food even better? Case in point: A short rib and fontina grilled cheese is even more devour-able after slathering that crispy bread with homemade fig jam. (via Yes to Yolks)
24. Apricot Braided Loaf: This braided bread has everything you want in a morning bread, and we mean everything. Chewy on the outside, light and airy on the inside and sweetly stuffed with apricot jam and cream cheese. (via Karen’s Kitchen Stories)
What’s your jam? Tell us your favorite jelly flavor or recipe below!