Morning Buzz! Kim Kardashian’s Million Dollar Push Present from Kanye Is STUNNING + More
1. Kim got some serious shade from the Beyhive over the weekend for posting a series of racy photos — they accused her of trying to steal Bey’s spotlight during the Lemonade launch. But the photos, taken at a friend’s wedding, also featured a stunning piece of jewelry that might finally be the push present Kim asked for last year. “This pregnancy, I would love a Lorraine Schwartz diamond choker, like the ones I’ve worn before to the Art + Film Gala,” the star wrote on her website back in November. Could this be the piece?
2. Could this simple bowl secretly be the most meaningful moment in Lemonade? As Cosmo points out, right around the 40-minute mark in Lemonade, there’s a short shot of a bowl, but not just any bowl. Notice that it looks like it was broken and has been glued back together? It’s a kintsugi piece, a kind of Japanese ceramic in which broken pieces of pottery are mended to actually show off the damage, to “illustrate that something even more beautiful can be created from the hard work needed to make things whole (and right) again.” Given that Lemonade is about infidelity and forgiveness, it sounds like they could be onto something. (via Cosmopolitan)
3. Drake released his new album cover, and it’s the perfect meme bait. Drake knows exactly what he’s doing. His new album cover for Views from the 6 features a close-up of him sitting on top of Toronto’s CN Tower, and within literal minutes of him tweeting it, there were ‘shopped memes everywhere. From him sitting on the Seinfeld sign to Sad Keanu and, naturally, Crying Jordan, Drake has us right where he wants us.
4. This face-reader software can detect if you have resting bitch face. We hope the answer is always yes, TBH.
5. These kids give spring cleaning their best shot, and that’s all we can ask for. Let us all try our very best this week, even if things don’t quite turn out perfectly.
6. Quote of the day: “I was given lemons and I made lemonade.” — Jay Z’s grandmother Hattie at her 90th birthday, as seen in Bey’s new visual album Lemonade.
What is your Monday motivator this week? Let us know on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured image via @kimkardashian)