This Kombucha Mocktail Recipe Is The Perfect Healthy Summer Sip
Kombucha is our favorite mocktail, not only because it's delicious, but also because it contains gut-healthy probiotics. Kombucha is a sort of beer or wine, in a way: like these two beverages, it's a fermented drink — and it actually *does* contain a trace amount of alcohol as a result. The amount, of course, is far too little to get you buzzed, but it still makes for a great stand-in for boozier bevvies. That's why we love using kombucha to make mocktails. This insanely delicious kombucha mocktail is flavored with strawberries and ginger, and goes down a little like a mojito — it's hands-down one of our favorite mocktail recipes. Your hydrated, hangover-free self can thank us tomorrow.
Strawberry Ginger Faux-jito
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly or jam
- 2 limes, juiced
- Ice cubes
- 12 ounces ginger kombucha
- 2-4 tablespoons strawberry sparkling water
- 2 strawberries
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Fresh basil, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Create the mocktail by adding the strawberry jelly, juiced limes, and a few ice cubes to a shaker cup. Shake the mixture until the cup is frosted.
- Divide the strawberry mixture between two tall Collin glasses. If you desire, muddle some mint leaves with the strawberry syrup. Top it with as much ice as desired, then pour over the ginger kombucha, leaving room at the top.
- Splash on top the strawberry sparkling water, then garnish with a fresh sliced strawberry, mint leaves, basil leaves, and a lime wedge. Enjoy ASAP!
Love mocktail recipes like this one? Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more like it!
Photos and recipe by Sarah Anderson.
- 11 La Croix Mocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 21 Tasty Mocktails to Sip on This Season - Brit + Co ›
- 17 Fruity Cocktail and Mocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 14 Spring Mocktail Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- 20 Summer Mocktail Recipes Everyone Can Enjoy - Brit + Co ›
- 12 Fall Mocktails And Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes - Brit + Co ›