15 Adorable Mini Skewer Appetizer Recipes for Your Memorial Day Party
With Memorial Day coming up, we’re always on the hunt for new and interesting ways to present small bites and appetizers at BBQs. Serving up food on mini skewers means your guests can mingle and chat while they’re eating, and so can you! Major bonus: Clean-up is a breeze with so few utensils in play. Beyond meat kababs, almost anything can be served on a stick — from veggies to antipasto to salads to cheese-fruit stacks. Scroll on for 15 clever mini skewers just perfect for your summer grill fests.
1. Strawberry Feta Skewers: You’ve probably tasted strawberries and feta in a salad before — they go together like PB&J. Making this appetizer could not be easier: Wash. Stack. Skewer. Drizzle. Devour. Repeat as needed. (via Bites of Bri)
2. Jalapeño Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots With Ranch Dipping Sauce: What’s better than bacon and potatoes, especially when the potato comes in the form of a tater tot? There’s so much good stuff going on here with the peppers and the ranch dip that you might need to make more than a few batches. (via Spicy Southern Kitchen)
3. Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle: A classic of Neapolitan cooking, Caprese salad is named for the Italian island of Capri. But, world-over, tomatoes and basil represent everything that’s so green and delish about summer produce. If you can find fresh mozzarella on your stroll through the greenmarket, snap it up. It makes all the difference. (via Iowa Girl Eats)
4. Iceberg Lettuce Wedge on a Stick: Recipes for the iceberg wedge with gorgonzola and bacon bits have been floating around since the 1920s. It’s probably because iceberg lettuce is so readily available, even in cold-weather months. This bite-size version is sure to be a big hit at your next BBQ. (via Allrecipes)
6. Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Stuffed Jalapeños: The only thing you could do to a popper to make it even more delicious is to add bacon, of course. These poppers are rich with two cheeses and spiced with garlic and smoked paprika. (via Sally’s Baking Addiction)
7. Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs: These meatballs have all the spicy flavor you crave in a buffalo chicken wing, but they’re so much easier to make in a slow cooker. Prep them the night before and you’ll feel like a guest at your own shindig. They pair great with celery sticks and blue-cheese dressing. (via Damn Delicious)
8. Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites: Sure, they look like they could be served at a garden party, but these babies are so easy to prep you’ll wonder where they’ve been all your life. Zingy with horseradish and dill cream cheese, they’re not as delicate as they look. (via Baker by Nature)
9. Rosemary Pineapple Mozzarella Bites: You could make these the throwback way, by opening a can of pineapple and stabbing a chunk along with a cube of cheddar. Or you could stun your peeps with this grown-up version. The pineapple is lightly charred and then marinated in rosemary. The baby bocconcinis are spiced with chili. You can get fancy with the presentation, using rosemary sprigs for skewers. (via Cook, Craft, Love)
10. Mexican Street Corn (Elote): This sweet corn on the cob is steamed, then finished on the grill for that authentic char. Slather it with a mix of Mexican crema, lime juice, fresh cilantro, cumin and chili powder. For a final touch, roll it in powdery cojita cheese. The depth of flavors — sweet, smoky, salty — will have you shouting Olé! (via No Spoon Necessary)
11. Prosciutto, Baby Mozzarella and Fresh Fig Skewers: Fresh figs are quartered, then paired with mozzarella and rolled in prosciutto. Serve with a drizzle of honey and a few grains of sea salt. If you crave something sweeter, try this with dates. (via Kiwi and Peach)
13. Antipasto Skewers: You know how the antipasto tray slows up the buffet line as guests struggle to separate the meat slices? Stop the madness! Serve it up in a finger food and keep the party rollin’. (via Homemade Interest)
14. Greek Salad Skewers: Another salad served kebab-style. Maybe we’re onto something. Salads are a palate cleanser, but so hard to eat at a BBQ. Now we can all sneak in some greens without juggling multiple plates. (via Garnish With Lemon)
15. Feta, Watermelon and Cucumber Cubes: Watermelon and cucumber are so refreshing that they’re often served as coolers in a glass. Stack them up on a toothpick with a touch of creamy feta cheese and a drizzle of Italian dressing, and you’ve got a fresh, crisp salad on a stick. (via DesignLoveFest)
If you find these mini skewers tasty, there’s more. Follow us on Pinterest.