Morning Buzz! Kim Kardashian “Not Doing Well” and Skips the KUWTK Wrap Party While Her Family Celebrates + More
1. It’s a bittersweet time as KUWTK wrapped its 12th season early in the wake of Kim’s Paris robbery. While Kim, who Khloe told Ellen yesterday is “not doing that well,” decided to skip out on at least the photo booth shenanigans, the rest of her siblings seemed to have had a blast, mugging for the camera and doing what they do best — have fun spending time together.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Gwyneth Paltrow (@gwynethpaltrow) on
2. Gwyneth Paltrow’s dad got REALLY real about how fame changed her. In a new interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Gwyneth admitted that her late father wasn’t always supportive of her Hollywood lifestyle. “I remember when I was maybe 27 years old and kind of at the height of my movie stardom — it was around the time of [my 1999 Best Actress Oscar for Shakespeare in Love]” she said. “I was sitting with my dad, feeling great about my life and everything that was happening, and he was like, ‘You know, you’re getting a little weird … You’re kind of an a–hole.’ And I was like, ‘What the hell?’ I was totally devastated.” Gwyneth credits her dad’s honesty with resetting her priorities. And now we have GOOP.
3. Milo Ventimiglia has some pretty wise dating advice that he had to learn the hard way. Speaking with E! News recently, Milo gushes over his This Is Us co-star Mandy Moore, but admits that there’s no way they’d ever date — he learned that from dating Gilmore Girls costar Alexis Bledel and Heroes costar Hayden Panettiere. “Bad idea — don’t sh*t where you eat,” he said. Noted! (Photo via Astrid Stawiarz/Getty)
4. Donald Glover and his GF went and had a baby in secret. The Atlanta star has kept super private about his personal life — so private that we don’t know his GF’s name or that they had a baby together, a source tells US. (`even if it WAS pretty suspect when she was spotted with a baby bump in Hawaii earlier this year.) Donald hasn’t commented on his new fatherhood yet, but now is a perfect time to say if you’re not watching Atlanta yet, start. Right now. (Photo via Frederick M. Brown/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Katie Holmes (@katieholmes212) on
5. Katie Holme’s makeup-free beauty is truly unfair. Really. Sure, there are some filters applied here, but frankly there aren’t enough filters in the world to make us look as luminous as a makeup-less Katie Holmes, as pictured on her Instagram. Not to mention those gray hairs peeking out. Way to rock the natural look, Katie!
6. Quote of the day: “I feel sorry for you, really.” Adele weighs in on the Presidential election at her Washington DC concert, sympathizing with her American fans. Sniff. Thanks, Adele.
Are you counting down the days ’til the election is done? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via @khloekardashian)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)