5 Things Your Commute Needs: Music from Empire, Twitter Poems + More!
February has arrived and we can feel the love in the air. That may just be because of all our 3D Printed Roses, though… While you’re busy thinking up date ideas for Valentine’s Day during your commute, kick up the journey to work a little more with five of our go-tos to get you through this week.
1. Music from FOX’s Empire: The FOX hit on everyone’s lips has been releasing tunes every week (those Glee songs were getting a little old, now that you mention it). Download or stream the tracks on Spotify and you’ll be feeling just as fierce as Cookie as you stroll into the office. (Photo via Michael Lavine/FOX)
2. Poetweet: Always thought your tweets spoke to your followers? Now make those 140 character social media shares even deeper (or confusing?) with this poem web generator. Who knows, your poetic tweets could turn you into a modern day Maya Angelou.
3. Shondaland Revealed Podcast: Our TGIT withdrawal finally ended last week with the return of Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder. While it may not be acceptable to bring a glass of wine and a bowl of popcorn on your commute, it is perfectly fine to indulge in some more Shondaland action. Get juicy behind-the-scenes stories on all three of Shonda Rhimes’ shows from this podcast hosted by executive producer Betsy Beers.
4. Little Short Stories: This Instagram feed is filled with heart wrenching short stories that will have you laughing and crying. Try not to make those tears too obvious though — you don’t need people asking questions when you arrive to the office.
5. Coffee Around the World: Do you have an undying wanderlust and thirst for coffee? Travel around the world in this video while learning how to prep cups of joe from a handful of countries. Then try and recreate them in the office kitchen ;)
What will be your go to for this week’s commute? Let us know in the comments.