10 Natural Hacks for Removing Common Stains
How many shirts have we thrown away because of a stubborn smudge of chocolate? And how many times have we labored over that one spot on the carpet? The answer: too many. But before we go bleach crazy, we need to think about how those harsh chemicals might harm our closets and our homes. Luckily, there are many ways to naturally remove those stubborn stains without all the chemicals. Check out these 10 natural stain removing methods and drink your coffee in peace.
2. Condiment Stains: Messy ketchup is always a threat during those summer BBQs. If you happen to spill, take the stained piece and scrub it with a paste made of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. (via PopSugar)
3. Chocolate Stains: Those ooey gooey chocolate cookies might have tasted great, but they didn’t do your blouse any favors. Hold the offending stains under cold water until it’s all flushed away.
5. Berry Stains: Kids love berries for snacks, but if those delicious balls of juice seem hard to get out of their clothes, steam those stains away.
7. Lipstick Stains: Oops. Your man needs his white shirt for your next date and there’s a red lipstick smudge on the collar. Use an old toothbrush to scrub some baking soda on the spot and then vinegar will take care of the rest.
8. Wine Stains: Don’t despair over your spilled wine glass. Just add more wine! No really, add white wine to the carpet stain to dilute the color and then treat it as you would a normal carpet stain. (via SheKnows)
9. Grass Stains: Got grass stains from all that picnicking? Dish soap plus hydrogen peroxide is here to save the day.
Do you have any go-to natural stain remover tricks? Tell us below!