10 Must-Have Fitness Products for Summer Workouts
Swimsuit season is always welcomed with open arms and open toe sandals. But let’s be real: Getting beach bod fit requires hard work. Investing in new workout gear can turn that work into play and give us some more time on the beach showing off our hotness. From apps to stylish fitness trackers, here are 10 new fitness products everyone should have for a summer workout.
1. HyDrive Energy Water ($2): Vitamin-enhanced energy water is a new way to simultaneously hydrate and energize. At only 30 calories, HyDrive Energy Water is the perfect pre-workout beverage that gives an energy boost without the calories. With two new summer flavors, mango peach and honey lemonade, HyDrive Energy Water is one you’re going to want to throw in the gym bag to keep you energized during even the toughest workout.
2. Nike + FuelBand SE Gold ($149): The latest innovation in Nike’s former FuelBand line is a smart, simple and fun way to get active. This sleek cuff measures workout intensity, tracks sleep and displays progress in real time. Check out more (sooo many more) of the wearables we have our eyes on here!
3. Outdoor Oterro ($100): This bold new running shoes from Topo Athletics sheds mud and dirt while providing traction over a variety of surfaces. A light mesh offers breathability and flexibility while an anatomic shape allows for natural foot positioning.
4. Limited Edition Manduka PRO ($118): Invigorate yoga sessions this summer with a fresh and joyful yoga mat. The redesigned Manduka PRO boasts unparalleled comfort and cushioning, non-slip fabric finish and a simple, elegant design that comes in multiple colors.
5. Runtastic Adventure App (Free): This new unique app’s concept of “story running” uses dramatically narrated stories that have a protagonist running to or away from something that changes when the runner changes pace.
6. Halo V ($15): The Halo V is the latest addition to the Halo Headband line of sweatbands, featuring an adjustable VELCRO strap and breathable fabric that absorbs sweat and channels it away from eyes.
7. UA Contain Storm Duffle ($80): Hit the gym in style with this new duffle bag from Under Armor. The bag has two large vented end pockets, including one expendable pocket for sweaty laundry.
8. FlipBelt ($29): Instead of purchasing new workout pants with pockets, invest in a FlipBelt, a slip on, spandex waistband. The lightweight belt is designed with a small opening to hold heavy items, such as phones and keys. Flip the belt inwards to lock in items in place during any work out.
9. Recovery Compression Tights ($160): The 2XU Recovery Compression Tights promote necessary muscle repair and circulation after any strenuous exercise. The supportive fabric reduces muscle soreness to help athletes stay in training and out of the doctor’s office.
10. Waterproof iPod Shuffle ($155): While you wait for your pre-ordered Dash headphones to arrive, keep your swimming soundtrack playing with a waterproof iPod Shuffle and headphones. Completely insulated, sweat or swim to hundreds of energizing songs with this portable iPod Shuffle. Cue Queen Bey’s playlist!
What are your favorite fitness products for summer? Let us know in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)