If you’re like us and are pampering your loved ones with extravagant gifts this Christmas (…and maybe also pampering yourself with a head-turning holiday outfit or two), then when it comes to getting glam for New Year’s Eve, you might want to keep it on the cheap. Luckily, we hunted down 20 budget-friendly get ups—try $50 or less!—that are guaranteed to make you look like a million bucks as you ring in the new year.
1. Darling Sequined Combo Dress ($33): This cute dress is fun and flirty without being skimpy. It’s a flattering cut that will suit most body types, and most wallets!
2. Babydoll Dress With Bow Detail ($45): The little black dress gets a hot, holiday makeover with a strappy back that’s topped with a big bow. Take this outfit to the next level with a pair of glitzy heels.
3. Eva Franco Runway Dress ($50): We love how this conservative silhouette is jazzed up by blue metallic panels that resemble a futuristic plaid, not to mention the three-sided cutout on the back.
4. Oh My Love Metallic Skater Dress ($40): Dressing up for NYE doesn’t mean you have to be bound to spandex or other bodycon materials. This relaxed skater dress proves that point for sure. Its textured metallic finish makes it unmistakably party-worthy.
5. Bold Moves Bodycon Dress ($23): But then again, if you do want to show off what your mama gave ya, then slide into this smokin’ red dress.
6. Metallic Surplice Wrap Hi-Lo Hem Dress ($49): While many hi-lo dresses can be unforgivingly extreme, the tapering hemline makes this metallic dress feel soft and dreamy. It’s the perfect balance of elegance and edge.
7. Vera Wang Lavender Dance With Me Dress ($41): This dress makes us want to twirl, Sound of Music-style. But that two-toned tiered chiffon skirt isn’t the only eye-catching detail: we’re swooning over that beautifully draped bust and bedazzled belt.
8. Textured Knit L/S Dress ($40): Take a walk on the wild side with this bodycon knit dress. Skillfully placed cutouts make this dress super sexy without being distasteful.
9. Milly Like Honey Dress ($50): Our obsession with this dress goes way beyond the sparkle: it might be the classiest sequined dress we’ve ever seen. The cap sleeves and pleated crew neck give this dress structure, while the black bow belt adds a preppy pop around the waist.
10. New Look Sleeveless Peplum Dress ($19): This red peplum dress is way more than a one-wear wonder. Amp it up for the grand countdown with some sparkly jewelry, then rock it to work after break with a structured blazer and your favorite pair of D’Orsay flats. So in other words: it’s a freakin’ steal!
11. Dazzling Doll Fit and Flare Dress ($30): Your average fit and flare dress gets pumped up by petal colored sequins and two side cutouts. We like.
12. Proenza Schouler Laced Whispers Dress ($40): This frosty bustier dress is ultra chic. The textured top and frosty lace pencil skirt were made for each other.
13. Eva Franco Ora Dress ($50): This dress gives a whole new meaning to black tie attire ;) Who wouldn’t want to toast to the new year in this playful, neutral number?
14. Sleek Scuba Knit Skater Dress ($18): Sure this skater dress is frill-free, but when you’re rocking a dress in such a beautifully rich color (radiant orchid, anyone?) those extra embellishments are completely unnecessary.
15. Tina Turk Speckled Sequined Maxi ($41): This not-quite leopard print dress is a great mix of modern glitz and ‘70s inspired decadance. It’s an equation that equals undeniable glam.
16. Allison Parris Lisa Dress ($21): The cutouts on this dress are expertly placed, making this full-skirted number appropriate for more conservative occasions (just toss on a sequined jacket or cardigan) or totally party-ready baring all on its own.
17. Cutting Edge Brocade Dress ($33): Here’s another instance in which an understated silhouette can look white hot with the help of cutouts. Get up close to see the gorgeous woven brocade that makes it appropriate cocktail party attire.
18. Wyatt Black and White Asymmetrical Strapless Party Dress ($49): See, ruffles aren’t just for girly girls. We thought we’d never say this, but the contrast color, asymmetrical ruffle actually makes this sleek black dress edgy. Mind = blown!
19. Dancing Queen Sequined Dress ($45): Multi colored sequins and silver leaf beading add eye-popping sparkle to this tank dress. As if we had to tell you, skip the statement accessories with this number—instead add a dark, bold lip to bring the look together.
20. Rahul Mishra Indian Palace Sheath ($31): This dress proves that you can wear a dress with mesh detail and still look posh. That royal blue pops underneath a black sheath that gives some slight coverage to the arms and neckline.
Who are your go-to retailers for party-ready attire? Tell us where you like to shop—on and offline—in the comments below!