20 Glam New Year’s Eve Dresses for Less Than $50
If you’re like us and are pampering your loved ones with extravagant gifts this Christmas (…and maybe also pampering yourself with a head-turning holiday outfit or two), then when it comes to getting glam for New Year’s Eve, you might want to keep it on the cheap. Luckily, we hunted down 20 budget-friendly get ups—try $50 or less!—that are guaranteed to make you look like a million bucks as you ring in the new year.
1. Darling Sequined Combo Dress ($33): This cute dress is fun and flirty without being skimpy. It’s a flattering cut that will suit most body types, and most wallets!
2. Babydoll Dress With Bow Detail ($45): The little black dress gets a hot, holiday makeover with a strappy back that’s topped with a big bow. Take this outfit to the next level with a pair of glitzy heels.
3. Eva Franco Runway Dress ($50): We love how this conservative silhouette is jazzed up by blue metallic panels that resemble a futuristic plaid, not to mention the three-sided cutout on the back.
4. Oh My Love Metallic Skater Dress ($40): Dressing up for NYE doesn’t mean you have to be bound to spandex or other bodycon materials. This relaxed skater dress proves that point for sure. Its textured metallic finish makes it unmistakably party-worthy.
5. Bold Moves Bodycon Dress ($23): But then again, if you do want to show off what your mama gave ya, then slide into this smokin’ red dress.
6. Metallic Surplice Wrap Hi-Lo Hem Dress ($49): While many hi-lo dresses can be unforgivingly extreme, the tapering hemline makes this metallic dress feel soft and dreamy. It’s the perfect balance of elegance and edge.
7. Vera Wang Lavender Dance With Me Dress ($41): This dress makes us want to twirl, Sound of Music-style. But that two-toned tiered chiffon skirt isn’t the only eye-catching detail: we’re swooning over that beautifully draped bust and bedazzled belt.
8. Textured Knit L/S Dress ($40): Take a walk on the wild side with this bodycon knit dress. Skillfully placed cutouts make this dress super sexy without being distasteful.
9. Milly Like Honey Dress ($50): Our obsession with this dress goes way beyond the sparkle: it might be the classiest sequined dress we’ve ever seen. The cap sleeves and pleated crew neck give this dress structure, while the black bow belt adds a preppy pop around the waist.
10. New Look Sleeveless Peplum Dress ($19): This red peplum dress is way more than a one-wear wonder. Amp it up for the grand countdown with some sparkly jewelry, then rock it to work after break with a structured blazer and your favorite pair of D’Orsay flats. So in other words: it’s a freakin’ steal!
11. Dazzling Doll Fit and Flare Dress ($30): Your average fit and flare dress gets pumped up by petal colored sequins and two side cutouts. We like.
12. Proenza Schouler Laced Whispers Dress ($40): This frosty bustier dress is ultra chic. The textured top and frosty lace pencil skirt were made for each other.
13. Eva Franco Ora Dress ($50): This dress gives a whole new meaning to black tie attire ;) Who wouldn’t want to toast to the new year in this playful, neutral number?
14. Sleek Scuba Knit Skater Dress ($18): Sure this skater dress is frill-free, but when you’re rocking a dress in such a beautifully rich color (radiant orchid, anyone?) those extra embellishments are completely unnecessary.
15. Tina Turk Speckled Sequined Maxi ($41): This not-quite leopard print dress is a great mix of modern glitz and ‘70s inspired decadance. It’s an equation that equals undeniable glam.
16. Allison Parris Lisa Dress ($21): The cutouts on this dress are expertly placed, making this full-skirted number appropriate for more conservative occasions (just toss on a sequined jacket or cardigan) or totally party-ready baring all on its own.
17. Cutting Edge Brocade Dress ($33): Here’s another instance in which an understated silhouette can look white hot with the help of cutouts. Get up close to see the gorgeous woven brocade that makes it appropriate cocktail party attire.
18. Wyatt Black and White Asymmetrical Strapless Party Dress ($49): See, ruffles aren’t just for girly girls. We thought we’d never say this, but the contrast color, asymmetrical ruffle actually makes this sleek black dress edgy. Mind = blown!
19. Dancing Queen Sequined Dress ($45): Multi colored sequins and silver leaf beading add eye-popping sparkle to this tank dress. As if we had to tell you, skip the statement accessories with this number—instead add a dark, bold lip to bring the look together.
20. Rahul Mishra Indian Palace Sheath ($31): This dress proves that you can wear a dress with mesh detail and still look posh. That royal blue pops underneath a black sheath that gives some slight coverage to the arms and neckline.
Who are your go-to retailers for party-ready attire? Tell us where you like to shop—on and offline—in the comments below!
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.