The Ultimate Hair of the Dog Cocktail: Kombucha Punch
We've all got a few go-to remedies for curing what ails you after a late late night. There's the movie-watching naptime approach a la our DIY New Year's Eve Recovery Kit. There's french fries for greasy goodness, fresh fruit for body cleansing, coconut water for cool refreshment, and kombucha for crazy antioxidants. There's the reliable Hair of the Dog technique, usually in the form of a Bloody Mary, Mimosa, or Bud Light. And then there's the Ultimate Hair of the Dog Cocktail. Kombucha Punch.
– 3 bottles of kombucha
– fresh fruit
– 1/2 an apple
– 2 1/2 cups of Prairie Organic Vodka, or any vodka of your choice
– 1 bottle of Charles de Fere Organic Brut, or any Champagne or Prosecco of your choice
This is super simple recipe, and easy to improvise and build upon.
- First, we sliced up the nectarines and plums and tossed them in a bowl with about 1 cup of each kind of berry.
- Add in some sliced apple, sliced lemon slices, and peeled orange wedges.
- Pour in all of your Kombucha. Stir. Add in the bottle of champagne. And finally the vodka. Stir everything together.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving, or pour over ice. We definitely recommend chilling if you've got time!
Bonus points if you have a giant punch bowl with the most adorable punch cups around.