16 Origami Pieces to Buy or DIY for Your Home
Ahh, the magical decorating powers of origami. Who would have thought breathtaking home accessories and art could come together with just some paper and a little elbow grease? Some origami projects take a little patience, but even if you don’t have any of that, we’ve got you covered with some origami-inspired products just waiting to be purchased. It’s been said that folding a thousand origami cranes can make a wish come true. Well, we’re all up for granted wishes (and awesome DIYs), so let’s get this folding party started!
1. Giant Wall Heart: Whether you just make it for Valentine’s Day, or leave it up year-round, this huge heart packs a big punch. What can we say, we’re suckers for anything gold. (via Oleander + Palm)
3. Birch Wood Origami: This project proves origami isn’t as scary as you thought it would be. A little folding here, a little gluing there and you’ve got a beautiful, versatile piece of home decor. (via Brit + Co)
4. Origami Pendant ($132): If you don’t want to make your own origami lamp, we recommend this stunning pendant. It’s also available in tons of other colors and styles, all sticking with the simple geometric look.
6. Origami Coffee Table ($399): There’s a good reason we named this one of the 50 most beautiful coffee tables ever. The thin legs on this stunning table mimic origami and bring a beautiful, peaceful vibe into your home.
10. Origami Bubble ($43): Hang it up, stack it up or stick a light inside this one-of-a-kind origami ball. Whatever you decide to do with it, the unique shape is sure to turn heads.
11. White Cranes: Repetition is key with this one. If you can make enough small paper birds without getting a hand cramp, then you can string them together to create a beautiful flock illusion. (via Style Me Pretty)
16. Origami String Lights: We’re obsessed with string lights, and this choice is no exception. An easy accordion fold looks stellar when it’s repeated over and over to create this dreamy light strand. (via Minieco)
Have you mastered the art of origami? Which of these products will you be looking into? Share what you can do with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)