Embrace Your Inner Southerner With These 15 Pimento Cheese Recipes
While pimento cheese (that’s yellow cheddar, white cheddar, and pimentos, for the non-doctrinated folk) is traditionally served as a dip, it’s also made its way into grilled cheese filling, a baked cheese appetizer, and even deviled eggs. Tempted yet? Scroll down to check out ways that you can transform pimento cheese into 15 different recipes.
1. Bacon Pimento Cheese Ball: No decent party is complete without a cheeseball (and we don’t mean your goofy cousin). Switch it up by incorporating the classic pimento cheese ingredients and rolling the ball in bacon and chopped chives. (via Garnish With Lemon)
2. Bacon Wrapped Pimento Cheese Jalapeños: Just when you think that jalapeño poppers couldn’t get any better, you stuff them with pimento cheese and wrap them in bacon. Your tailgate will never be the same. (via Basil and Bubbly)
3. Southern-Style Pimento Cheese Dip: Chopped tomatoes and scallions give this creamy dip a necessary burst of freshness. Serve with plenty of wheat crackers or toast points for scooping. (via My Modern Cookery)
8. Pimento Cheese Breakfast Bake: Whether you’re having guests over for brunch or you’re just craving breakfast for dinner, this cheesy breakfast bake is a winner. Layer flaky crescent rolls on the bottom, followed by browned sausage, eggs, and a topping of pimento cheese. (via Seeded at the Table)
9. Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs: Once you try pimento cheese in your deviled eggs, you’ll wonder why you haven’t done it your whole life. To make the center ultra-creamy, pulse all of the ingredients in a food processor before filling. (via A Spicy Perspective)
11. Pimento Cheese Drop Biscuits: You know those famous cheddar biscuits you can get at that popular seafood restaurant? These are very similar to those, only *way* better. (via The Beach House Kitchen)
12. Fried Green Tomato and Pimento Cheese Sandwiches: It doesn’t get more Southern than fried green tomatoes and pimento cheese. When paired together, the two are one delicious force to be reckoned with. (via Buns in My Oven)
13. Pimento Cheese Chicken Quesadillas With Jalapeños: These quesadillas are cheesy, crispy, spicy, creamy, and most importantly… easy. They’re filled with rotisserie chicken, pickled jalapeños, and pimento cheese, and you’re going to crave them constantly. (via How Sweet It Is)
14. Pimento Cheese Stuffed Chicken: Thankfully, pimento cheese can just as easily be incorporated into your weekly dinner routine. Stuff into a butterflied chicken breast and coat with seasoned breadcrumbs before baking to perfection. (via Emily Bites)
15. Tex Mex Hot Pimento Cheese Dip: Along with the usual pimento cheese ingredients, this spicy baked dip has plenty of diced jalapeño for added heat. Take the time to shred your own cheese to get that perfect melty blend. (via House of Yumm)
Follow us on Pinterest for more cheesy recipes!