10 Pins That Will Be Trending on Pinterest in 2015
Oh, Pinterest, how we love you so. We’re all about anything that will help spark creativity, and this social media definitely does that — it’s kind of the whole point of it. Whether it’s giving you inspiration for a holiday display or helping you figure out what to make for dinner, the site has quickly become a resource for over 70 million users across the globe. Were guessing you probably saw a lot of radiant orchid and medium haircuts show up on your feed in 2014, but what can you expect for next year? Well lucky for you, you don’t have to wait to find out.
1. Cauliflower: Step aside, kale. From pizza crust to sandwich filling, this vegetable is quickly earning its title as “most popular vegetable,” partially because of its versatility. Expect to see a lot of recipes using the cream-colored veggie in the year to come.
2. Wood Home Decor: Rough-cut wood is an easy and design-savvy way to add a rustic touch to your home. From side tables to dinner tables, the style can accent almost every type of decor.
3. Normcore: Forget about the over-the-top hipster outfits. The latest trend is normcore: unisex fashion characterized by unpretentious, average-
4. Rug Stencils: Wall decals have had their day, and now the attention has moved a little further south: to the floor. Skip the tiles and carpeting and deck your floor out in a cool design via rug stencils.
5. Juicing: Whether you love it or hate it, it looks like this health trend is here to stay.
6. Beards: The days of hipster flannels might be a thing of the past, but it looks like everybody’s obsession with lumberjack beards is still going strong.
7. Outdoor Travel: From glaciers, to the Northern Lights, to hot springs countries like Iceland and Patagonia, the world has some seriously epic nature to offer. Grab a parka and get your tickets now, people.
8. Smart Watches: Apple, Samsung, Motorola, take your pick. Phones are no longer just for phone calls, so why should watches just be for telling time?
9. Digital Double Exposure: Film might sadly be a novelty these days, but thankfully all the magic of the old technique is not lost. We’ve been seeing some really cool, digitally created double exposures recently and it looks like this is just the beginning.
10. Vertical Gardens: Whether you’re living in a small space or you just want to spice up your gardening game, there are so many different ways to start a vertical garden. Not only will you be able to make your own meal with what you grow, but it will also look totally amazing in your home.
What have been your favorite Pinterest finds of 2014? Share a link with us in the comments below.
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.