It’s that time of year again! Not only are the leaves starting to change colors and our fave sweaters coming out of storage — it’s also the time when all of our regular ol’ food switches over into PUMPKIN EVERYTHING. There are pumpkin salad dressings, pumpkin coffee creamers, and, if you look really hard (well, maybe not so hard) to find them, you’ll even see pumpkin spice cough drops. If you’re a pass on these more… let’s just call them adventurous pumpkin-flavored concoctions , don’t worry. We’ve got a few pumpkin-everything recipes that you — and your kiddos — will adore.
1. Salted Caramel Rice Krispies With Pumpkin Fudge Icing : The name kind of says it all: It’s your typical rice cereal dessert bar, all jazzed up for the fall. Adding pumpkin to the chocolate topping is pretty much genius (at least when it comes to creating something that your kiddo will go nuts for). (via The Jenny Evolution )
2. Pumpkin French Toast Sticks : Pumpkin everything can extend into just about every meal and snack. And that’s why we love, love, love this pumpkin French toast recipe. And the fact that they’re convenient little sticks just makes them all the more kid-friendly. (via The Soccer Mom Blog )
3. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookies : These little gems practically melt in your mouth. They deliver a hefty dose of pumpkin flavor while still offering a consistency that kids will absolutely agree with. (via Dinner With the Rollos )
5. Healthy Pumpkin Muffins : Nothing says you have to tell the kids that these pumpkin goodies are actually healthy. We won’t tell if you skip that part when you serve up these low-carb, gluten-free, paleo treats. (via Wholesome Yum )
6. Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cups : You know your little one loves anything in a cookie cup. Actually, you kind of love anything in a cookie cup too. And these have that special fall flavor! (via Liv for Cake )
8. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies With Maple Cream Cheese Filling : Yum! Whoopie pies and maple-flavored filling are kind of the perfect pairing. Oh, and with the pumpkin, you’re getting even more autumn awesomeness. (via Brown Eyed Baker )
What’s your favorite fall treat? Tweet us the recipe @BritandCo !