50 Perfect Pumpkin Recipes for Every Halloween Festivity
Warning: This post is for lovers of all things pumpkin. Believe it or not, there are people out there who don’t like pumpkin (SHOCK, HORROR!). For the rest of us sane human beings, Halloween is the time when we can really get in there and represent pumpkin recipes in all their wonderfully delicious forms. Whether you’re making batch after batch of Halloween pumpkin cookies to give your trick-or-treater or you’re playing bartender at your costume party with your pumpkin drinks, pumpkin is always a safe bet. Lucky for you, we gathered 50 perfect pumpkin recipes that include indulgent desserts, healthy snacks, savory dishes and creative cocktails that ALL include or resemble pumpkin. Grab your homemade PSL and get ready to start pinning.
1. Pumpkin Cheesecake Popsicles With Graham Cracker Crust: These pumpkin flavored popsicles put a touch of summer in your Halloween. It just goes to show that, no matter the weather, popsicles never go out of season. (via A Happy Food Dance)
2. Spiced Pumpkin Cut-Out Cookies: It’s rare to find pumpkin-shaped cookies that actually have pureed pumpkin in the mix, but these babies have it all. The flavor is a bit more subtle than a gingerbread cookie, with just the right amount of pumpkin flavor. (via The Pioneer Woman)
3. Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts: Now you can even have pumpkin pie for breakfast with these homemade Pop-Tarts. Make the crust yourself if you’re feeling adventurous, or use store-bought puff pastry to keep things simple. Either way, you won’t be disappointed. (via Cooking Classy)
4. Mini Pumpkin Pie Tarts: We can’t help but love mini-sized desserts, and seeing as these only have five ingredients, we love them even more. Sprinkle with some festive jimmies to make them look the Halloween part. (via Lovely Little Kitchen)
5. Pumpkin, Charred Kale and Onion Tacos: These are *not* your typical vegetarian tacos. They make no apologies for being full of veggies and even sport typical Halloween colors, making them perfect for a quick pre-party dinner. (via Cheese and Chocolate)
8. Mini Vegan Pumpkin Pie Cheesecakes: This one is for all the vegans in the house. Cashew cream is an uber-luxurious dairy replacement, with all the creamy consistency of cheesecake. These are decadent, but everyone can enjoy a taste of these pint-size bites and not feel guilty. Even the carnivores at the table will be giving these babies a try. (via The Glowing Fridge)
11. Honey Roasted Pumpkin Crostini: Any crusty loaf can be transformed into pumpkin bread by topping slices with cubes of the sweet, roasted winter squash. The addition of goat cheese and a balsamic reduction earns it fancy toast status for sure. (via Thyme and Tamarind)
12. Pumpkin, Pineapple and Rum Cocktail: At your Halloween soirée, warm everyone up with this sweet and sour cocktail. It’s so unbelievably drinkable that everybody will be asking for the recipe. (via Cookie and Kate)
14. Spooky Macarons: These pumpkin and chocolate ganache macarons are turned into Halloween-themed beauties with edible ink. Let your artistic side shine and go crazy with the design. (via The Proper Pinwheel)
15. Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus: We don’t know anyone who doesn’t love hummus, which means this one is sure to be a hit. It can be served with crackers or veggies for a healthy Halloween party snack. (via The Healthy Family and Home)
20. Tangerine Pumpkins: Peel a few tangerines and place a small piece of celery in the middle to make these tangerine pumpkins. Bonus: these can definitely double as the perfect snack for school or work post-Halloween. (via Bren Did)
21. Halloween Trick-or-Treat Cookies: Yes, there’s candy in these cookies. The good thing is they’re not near as difficult to make as they look and everyone at your party will be *very* impressed. (via The Kitchn)
22. Pumpkin Cream Cheese-Filled Brownies: You may want to avoid making these for a crowd, because you’ll want to keep them all. Who knew chocolate and pumpkin were such an epic combo? (via Averie Cooks)
23. Pumpkin Slice and Bake Cookies: Slice and bake cookies are a must during any holiday. If you decide to make your own, you can freeze them and then slice off however many you need at a time. (via My Name Is Yeh)
24. Pretzel Pumpkins: Instead of handing out the same old candy every year, make these pretzel pumpkins to give to trick or treaters. Pre-package them in baggies and they’re ready to distribute on Halloween. (via About)
25. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip: Halloween kicks off pumpkin pie season, so it’s only fitting that you represent at your party. Serve this cheesecake dip in a hollowed baking pumpkin alongside Biscoff cookies for the ultimate dunking experience. (via A Night Owl)
26. Shredded Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers: Even if you’re just having a chill Halloween at home, you have to celebrate a little bit. Turn your mundane dinner into a festive pumpkin by carving a Jack-o’-Lantern face in an orange bell pepper. (via Everyday Jenny)
27. Pumpkin Swirl Brownies: Really, whoever first decided to put pumpkin and brownies together needs some sort of reward. These gooey brownies are just another example of how Halloween brings us the best desserts. (via Brit + Co)
28. Pumpkin Spice Granola: Start Halloween off right with a really healthy and delicious breakfast. You could even hand out little pumpkins full of granola as a healthy alternative to candy. (via Breakfast Drama Queen)
29. Pumpkin Cookie Dough Ice Cream: Halloween treats for breakfast? We’ve all been there, and there is no judgment on this end. Now you can add healthy ice cream to your candy-studded diet. (via Chocolate Covered Katie)
30. Skinny Pumpkin Pie Milkshake: All of the great flavors of pumpkin pie come together in this delicious and good-for-you milkshake. Have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert! (via Gimme Some Oven)
31. Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches: There isn’t much in this world that compares to homemade ice cream. Except maybe homemade pumpkin ice cream sandwiches between homemade chocolate chip cookies. (via The Tart Tart)
32. Chocolate Orange Halloween Cake: This 100% whole grain cake makes us feel a little less guilty for indulging. Plus, your guests will be wowed by the beautiful festive decor. (via Texanerin Baking)
33. No-Bake Pumpkin Ice Cream Tart With Speculoos Crust: You’ll only need one grocery store trip (a Trader Joe’s trip at that) for this no-bake pumpkin treat. Don’t live near a TJ’s? No worries. You can get these ingredients just about anywhere. (via Brit + Co)
34. Pumpkin Stuffed French Toast: This is a spooktacular way to start off your Halloween morning. Use funny stencils and powdered sugar to create Halloweenie art on your breakfast. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
36. Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Blondies: The best thing about blondies, aside from them being blondies? You can cut them into any size. Make adorable bite-sized versions for your Halloween party or big ones to give away to friends. (via The Healthy Maven)
37. Pumpkin Punch: There’s no punch bowl more appropriate than an actual hollowed-out pumpkin. Garnish each glass of the rum, orange and pumpkin punch with a cinnamon swizzle stick for extra spice. (via Honestly Yum)
38. Caramelized Onion and Butternut Pumpkin Crostata: Tucked into a flaky pastry crust, you’ll find a spread of sticky caramelized onion relish layered beneath roasted squash. Serve with a simple, balsamic vinaigrette-dressed salad to create a wonderful meal. (via Delicious Everyday)
39. Chocolate Pumpkin Glazed Cake: There’s nothing quite like a pumpkin cake to make you revel in all the fall flavors. This one has a decadent chocolate glaze that will put you in a total trance. (via Country Living)
41. Pumpkin Bread With Coconut-Pecan Crumble: The thick layer of coconut-pecan crumble sets this delicious bread apart from the rest. Underneath it all, there’s still a moist pumpkin bread that’s waiting to be devoured. (via Wild Greens and Sardines)
42. Pumpkin Popcorn Balls: Kids and adults alike will adore these colorful, pumpkin-inspired popcorn balls featuring pretzel stems and taffy leaves. They’re the perfect addition to any Halloween party or fall bake sale. (via Mom on Timeout)
43. Pumpkin Soup With Crispy Shallots: Crispy, sweet shallots are a beautiful contrast to this creamy pumpkin soup. Easily transform the recipe into a vegan-friendly dish by using vegetable broth and oil in lieu of chicken stock and ghee. (via A Calculated Whisk)
44. Chocolate Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats: What could possibly make pumpkin spice even better? How about adding some delicious chocolate and a chewy, Rice Krispies base? Since they only take a few minutes to make, they’re super easy for you to whip up and bring to your next office gathering. Trust us, they’ll be the hit of the party. (via Brit + Co)
45. Pumpkin Caipirinha: This caipirinha is a blend of ginger liqueur, Brazilian white rum, agave and pumpkin, of course. The sweetness of the pumpkin perfectly balances the spiciness of the ginger. Served over ice, it’s a refreshing way to get your fix without a jolt of caffeine or heavy dairy. (via Fit Sugar)
46. Pumpkin Spice Smoothie: This smoothie is another fantastic way to get in all the best flavors of fall without the excess calories. Blend this up Halloween morning for a hearty breakfast that’ll keep you going. (via Brit + Co)
47. Pumpkin Biscoff Cheesecake Pretzel Bites: When you combine Biscoff cookies with pumpkin and cream cheese and smash between two pretzels, you’re pretty much guaranteed a mix of sweet, salty and pumpkin that will disappear fast. Trust us. We’re experts. (via Back for Seconds)
48. Pumpkin Ravioli: A touch of whole wheat flour in the pasta dough adds an extra savory depth and a lovely, burnished hue to these delicious pumpkin-filled packets. Serve these up at your classy Halloween party and you’ll be winning… big time. (via Will Cook for Friends)
50. Copycat The Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake: If any place knows cheesecake, it’s The Cheesecake Factory. This copycat pumpkin cheesecake is everything you want it to be — creamy, sweet and spicy. A word of advice? Don’t wait for Thanksgiving to give this one a try. (via All She Cooks)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun + delicious pumpkin recipe ideas!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.